C++ Software Engineer Prescan Core
Location: Rijswijk office
Simcenter Prescan is a mature and wide-spread simulation platform for virtual development and validation of active safety and (Highly) Automated Driving systems. Prescan offers high-fidelity simulation models of all sensors relevant for automated driving, and a simulation environment for virtual testing of algorithms for autonomous braking, lane keeping, accident avoidance, etc…
To strengthen the team and to create new functionality for our Prescan software suite, we have an immediate opening for an experienced C++ Software Engineer.
In this role you will closely work with other software engineers in your Agile scrum team to design and implement new functionalities, use and expand your Object Oriented (OO) development skills, have a keen eye for high-quality software development techniques, and work with state-of-the-art tools to increase productivity and quality of our software.
You will be part of the Agile scrum team that designs and develops the core functionality of Prescan as platform, on top of which other scrum teams develop user applications and strong graphics pipelines to present the simulation functions to our end users.
Required Background & Education:
- Education level: MSc or BSc with more than 2 years of experience in software development.
- Good control of OO design and implementation using C++ (C++11 and higher).
- Knowledge of and experience with Python and MATLAB and Simulink is a strong plus.
- Thorough understanding of best coding practices.
- Knowledge and use of UML for architecture and design purposes.
- Version control tools such as Git, GitLab, Mercurial, Subversion.
- Experience with Linux is a plus.
- Working experience with the Atlassian toolsuite (i.e. Jira Agile, FishEye) or similar, and with a Continuous Development and Integration process.
- Experience with User Interface design and implementation is a plus.
- Experience with developing complex software systems is an advantage.
We are looking for a team player with an analytical mindset, willing to pick up new challenges, someone who is pragmatic, result oriented and inventive regarding complex problems. The ideal candidate is passionate about the combination of software development with our domain application, autonomous driving assistance and car safety.
Job ID: 121324
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software and Services B.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time