Country Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Head
- Organization- Corporate Functions
- - Kalwa, Navi Mumbai. Responsible for India and Bangladesh
- Job Family- Environmental Protection, Health Management & Safety (EHS)
- Sub Job family- General EHS
- GRIP Position- EHS Manager
- Position Type- Manager; Senior Management role
- Designation – Vice President
Headline Job profile
Siemens has recognized environment protection, health management and safety (EHS) as one of the most important elements in the organization’s sustainable growth and has closely linked it to Siemens’ cultural values. We continually strive to create a safe and healthy working environment by being responsive, caring and committed to the various needs governing the security and well-being of employees. Prevention of health hazards, accidents, and incidents of injury is a key element of our company’s sustainable strategy and an integral part of our business processes. Health & Safety and the successful management of Risks play an essential role in protecting our employees and assets and thereby contribute to strengthening Siemens’ competitiveness. We therefore develop central programs and processes that are applied locally and adapted to the respective business needs. Health & Safety management is an integral element of our Business Conduct Guidelines, our internal control & monitoring systems, and our risk management. Siemens believes that profits and dividends have value, only if they are achieved under humane and safe working conditions.
Change the future with us- Areas of Responsibility
· One of the key role holders as Siemens India EHS head, you’ll support the Country CEO in fulfilling Siemen’s EHS responsibility. You’ll head EHS organization assigned, lead all EHS related management & staff, and report to Country CEO and functionally to the Global EHS Head. You will also be a member of the Global EHS Board and in this regard you will also play an active role in deciding on global EHS strategies. Thus, you’ll serve as a key contact for all EHS matters.
· As Country Head of EHS, you will have to present in person, quarterly updates on EHS performance, strategies and risks/opportunities to the Siemens Ltd. Board of Directors.
- Our guiding ‘Country EHS roadmap’ will be set and implemented by you based on business strategy and Corporate/ Operating Company (OpCo) EHS roadmap. This will require collaboration with Country CEO, , Global EHS Board, management team, other support & services functions as well as all relevant interfaces globally to achieve the EHS policy objectives. Thereby, you’ll adapt, promote and implement global EHS programs & initiatives and monitor their effectiveness. You’ll contribute and lead projects of Global EHS Roadmap, including digitalization projects.
- You’ll ensure that all applicable legal and Siemens internal requirements in the area of EHS are implemented and a certifiable EHS Management System is maintained and is effective. You’ll warrant EHS Management System implementation and drive continuous improvement for the Country organization. You’ll plan, implement and follows up the audit/ assessment/ inspection programs (including certification audits where applicable). This will also require your participation in the Siemens Country Crisis Management Team.
- You’ll plan and align the budget & personnel resources for EHS in the Country, along with participation in the selection/ staffing of EHS positions. Also, ensuring an adequate competence management and training system for EHS-related competences. It is extremely important that the local legal requirements and the EHS Policy Framework have been fulfilled by all Company Units operating in the Country, and your guidance and leading the organization in the planning, execution, ongoing analysis and improvement of EHS related measures will help a great deal with that.
- You’ll ensure that applicable statutory requirements are identified and accorded to and contribute to analyzing stakeholder EHS requirements. Responsible for implementation of EHS related risk management in processes, projects and products you’ll control complete EHS reporting at local and global Siemens requirements.
- As expected of this very significant role holder, you’ll maintain and foster close interactions with respective Op. Co. Business Heads, OpCo EHS Officers and Country counterparts, making sure adequate EHS related communication towards internal and external stakeholder and authorities is maintained by providing a forum for practice sharing amongst EHS practitioners across organizational units.
Dimension of Function/ Volume:
· EHS related KPIs and targets as defined globally and Country EHS roadmap and Management System.
Contacts (external/ internal):
· Country CEO, Global EHS Head, Global EHS Board, Customers, business management and heads of functions in the Country e.g. Country EHS community, Employee representatives, local authorities, industry bodies, other internal/ external contacts.
What you need to make real what matters.
- You’ have at least 15 to 20 years of successful experience in related field and have successfully demonstrated the mentioned key responsibilities and knowledge. Plus, at least 5 years of site related experience from relevant businesses. And minimum 7 to 10 years of management experience (including leading teams, intercultural experience, project & business management experience).
- You have a degree in engineering and/ or business management. Also, you have knowledge of ISO 14001, ISO 45001 / OHSAS 18001 management system and implementing/ managing management system elements, and a proven track record of working with management systems.
- Also, you’ve led the project according to the budget and results (orientation); applied relevant methods and tools of project management; continuously identified project status and challenged situations and defined appropriate measures to meet the project's objectives.
- In similar roles, you’ve applied and verified implementation of ISO principles and requirements, enabled translation into processes, practices & action and supported others in the use of EHS/process guidelines, instructions, practices and processes.
- You know the mutual dependency (Input/Output) of MS elements
and/or corresponding business processes; have used and contributed to MS
documentation. You have:
- supported responsible management
- trained others on relevant tools and methods.
- proactively initiated change towards continuous improvements, latest management trends and cultural maturity
- You have deep knowledge about applicable requirements and regulations in a broad range of related topic areas. You use and combine tools, methods & KPIs, and understand their implication for business and advise the organization in meeting requirements timely and effectively.
- You have initiated, maintained and made use of sustainable partnerships and widespread networks relevant for business success with internal as well as external partners, making sustainable decisions, solving problems and leveraging value potentials. You understand the processes behind the tool and can coach or train others.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Kalwa, Navi Mumbai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come. We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: and about Siemens careers at:
Job ID: 121358
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time