Accompaniment, Advice, Action.
Our Project managers help transform ideas into the real operation. Together with engineering, production, EHS and strategic purchasing, they run complete project life cycle right from Initiating, Planning, Execution, controlling and final closure. Are you also interested join our highly motivated team of project execution managers as an active implementer in an innovative environment? Join our team and expand your own horizon.
• You should have handled individual electrical projects with profit
and loss responsibility.
• You should have hands on experience in EHV AIS/GIS projects.
AIS/GIS substation Modernization/extension/retrofit/R&M
knowledge will have further advantage.
• Responsibility for all project phases (start-up, planning, design, implementation, installation,
commissioning and handover).
• Provide support to the customer at all times, including providing recommendations based on
a thorough understanding of the customer’s
business and operational environment.
• Ensuring commercial contract conditions and timelines are met, including management of contract
variations & change management.
• Practical experience on installation, testing and commissioning work for high voltage and/or medium voltage switchgear (design and / or delivery).
• Develop and implement cost management for the project in close cooperation with the responsible commercial manager.
• Rigorously monitor and negotiate requirements and fulfilment of project specific conditions with multiple subcontractors and suppliers, including negotiation and agreement of contracts.
• Risk management, claim management including development & implementation of suitable technical & commercial mitigation strategies.
• Provide ongoing monitoring and timely reporting of project status against
• Occasionally travelling, eg. FAT, Factory visit with customers based on project requirement.
• Strictly complying to Siemens’ Zero Harm policy in environment, health and safety at all time by regularly checking compliance of projects and with subcontractors.
• Basic knowledge of civil and structural associated with turnkey electrical projects is mandatory.
- Degree or diploma qualified in electrical engineering.
• Practical experience in high voltage and/or medium voltage switchgear.
• Experience with electrical industry, utilities or electrical infrastructure markets.
• Minimum 7-10 years practical experience as responsible Project Manager : Execution with responsibility for small teams (Solution Project Management preferred).
• Self-motivated, driven for results.
• Excellent verbal, written communication skills and presentation skill.
• PM@ Siemens or equivalent PMP certification preferred but not mandatory.
• Excellent Leadership Skills, a team player, able to work in complex environment and under pressure.
• Must have a commercial contract sense and customer service mindset.
• True entrepreneur type with ability to create structures and willingness to balance risks.
• Practical experience of MS project and excellent in project scheduling.
- • You are willing and able to travel to various Suppliers & customer sites (around 20% of your time).
This role is based in Kalwa, Mumbai where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at:
Job ID: 121404
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time