Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
We are looking for an experienced Finance leader for our Instrumentation and Controls business (I&C) within the Solutions Business Unit. Within Gas and Power, Solutions Business Unit is involved in construction and execution of full turnkey power projects across with varying scales. As a part of the these turnkey contracts, the I&C business is focused on providing best solutions for varying kind of control panel requirements.
As the Finance head for the India operations, your primary responsibility will be to manage all the commercial activities relating to the business through effective management of the team and also management of the risks and opportunities in the business. This role would encompass all areas of business finance from pre-sales discussions, pricing, project execution, factory operations, contract closure and claim management. Success shall be measured by achievement of the financial KPI’s for the business overall.
- You will ensure completion of all commercial and financial related tasks to the business success
- Strong stakeholder management including headquarter, BU management and country OpCo. Management.
- Ensuring accuracy of project books and records, including recording of such in the appropriate systems, e.g. SAP - ensures compliance with Siemens-Financial Reporting Guidelines plus the local GAAP requirements. Ensures all related Project Reporting and Controlling activities
- You will work together with the Segment Lead so that the financial results according to set targets are handled with due professional care and optimize the project gross profit, cash flow and assets
- You will actively communicate with customer for solving of commercial issues
- Supports the Segment lead in identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities – taking over the full responsibility in this regard with respect to all commercial risks and opportunities along with due compliances
- Ensure tight cost controlling to get the maximum out of the business with minimum outlay of resources
- Full ownership of entire P&L and KPI’s along with tight internal controls
- Robust and detailed budgeting as well as regular forecasting to provide the correct measurement benchmark
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- CA/CWA with 8-10 years of experience in business finance with team management experience as well
- Commercial professional having an in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Hands on experience in commercial project management & commercial operations
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (expert knowledge of Excel) and SAP
- CPM certification is desirable
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 121434
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time