Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions
Your new role
· Evaluate and calculate best cost and value position for Mechanics and Metal Parts through application of Cost and Value Engineering levers and methods.
· Ensure transparency in production processes, related costs and improvement potentials through application of appropriate tools for Should-costing/bottom-up Cost Analysis and Optimization (CAO) and Design to Cost (DtC).
· Compile feasible costs per component as basis for bottom-up cost target indication (for negotiations as well as in early phases of product development and engineering processes).
· Collaborate closely with cross-functions like R&D / Engineering and Procurement in our Siemens Mobility locations in India and world-wide.
· Calculate cost baselining and regular cost updates for components acc. to maturity of design. Evaluate cost impact of alternative technical options (materials, manufacture methods) during the product development process and in re-designs. Support R&D / Engineering concerning the most cost effective solution based on standardized designs and/ or production methods.
· Propose proactively DtC-/ improvement measures to R&D / Engineering along with quantified financial impact expectation.
· Identify, quantify and drive supply chain productivity improvement measures, contribute transparency to negotiations.
· Propose technology-based optimization measures in the supply chain.
· Support Procurement in negotiation with suppliers.
· Support Commodity Management defining the material field strategy of Mechanics and Metal Parts.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Bachelor or above education background, preferred in Engineering
· 10+ years of experience in R&D / Engineering, Production or production engineering, especially in the sector of mecanic and metal working (materials, cutting, bending, welding, deep-drawing, stamping, riveting, surfaces, casting, etc.)
· Advanced customer value and costing knowledge, expertise in cost modeling and process analysis.
· Experience in CVE is preferred, in particular in cost structure analysis.
· Strong communication skills and team work skills.
· Advanced assertiveness, negotiating and interpersonal skills
· Basic project management skills, commercial knowledge
· Experiences in different cultural environments, worldwide collaboration in cross- functional project teams.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Nashik, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 121441
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time