Electrical SCADA Engineer
The Smart Infrastructure Digital Grid is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Energy Management offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Represented in more than 90 countries, this Siemens Division has nearly 53,000 employees and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
SCADA engineer is responsible for performing the distribution Control Centers SCADA site installation works, SCADA Data Entry Applications and SCADA Point to Point Testing. SCADA engineer will report to the Site Manager while work is taking place, the SCADA engineer will keep in close contact with members of their site team at all times, and liaise with site engineers, surveyors, technicians, planners and subcontractors. He will also ensure that work complies with standard, regulations and health and safety legislation as well as other legal requirements.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for distribution control center SCADA Server/Hardware Installations.
- Responsible for SCADA Applications.
- Responsible for Substation Displays.
- Perform all tests for Distribution Management System (SCADA).
- Perform SCADA Data Entry Applications and SCADA Point to Point Testing.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Knowledge of electrical substation automation, telemetry and communication
- Knowledge of SCADA terminology for the electric substation
- SCADA messages and how to handle and take action against the alarms and events in the substation.
- Telemetry knowledge and telegrams coming, going to the substation, Stations diagrams and connections of the stations with the different ways
- BA in electrical engineering (software engineering as plus).
- 2 years of work experience in respective field of expertise.
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Basic Knowledge in a Substation control Hardware & SCADA, system integration, erection with relevant experience.
- Knowledge & experience in substation/ field works.
- Base knowledge operating systems and Handling with Computer.
- Handling IMM (Information Model Manager) as Data Entry System.
- Interpreting Errors and Error Messages to provide an error description.
- Reading and Understanding Single Line Diagrams
- Base knowledge in SCADA Handling.
- Excellent computer skills, capability to express complex matters in clear and understandable language, excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Good oral / written communication skills.
- Good knowledge on technical environment connected to RTU and Telecommunications Environments
- Team Player with good interpersonal relation skill (Vendors, employees, client, sub-contractor).
- Knowledge in work scheduling, progress reporting.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process. *LI-NP
Job ID: 121532
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Electrical & Electronic Services K.S.C.C.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time