Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Industries Division as an Apprentice Coach (Engineering) and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a person with experience in an automation & control technical role to pass on your skills, coach the next generation of engineers and contribute to the commercial development of our apprenticeship services and education portfolio.
This person will join a team of professionals in promoting and facilitating Siemens Digital Industry Apprenticeship Services currently based upon the Level 4 Automation & Control Engineering Technician (ST0662) and Level 6 Control/Technical Support Engineer (ST0023) apprenticeship standards and the support we give to the education sector in developing future talent.
This is your role. What part will you play?
• Coaching of on-programme apprentices in preparation for End Point Assessment
• Agree a programme of development and assessment, setting realistic but challenging goals that meet learners’ and employers’ needs
• Liaise with employers, colleagues and others to support learners’ development
• Signposts appropriate support, give timely feedback on progress towards mastery of relevant skills and knowledge
• Provide access to pastoral support and guidance
• Have a pro-active approach to Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
• Promote employer support for Apprenticeship candidates
• Attend required training sessions to enhance knowledge and adhere to CPD requirements
• Maintain knowledge of apprenticeship standards, modes of delivery and funding rules
• Developing new apprenticeship opportunities through our existing customer base
• Establishing links with colleges, UTC's and universities to support and grow Siemens Cooperates with Education business
Use your skills to make a big impact. Do you have…
• Sound working knowledge and experience in electrical control systems including PLC's, HMI's, SCADA, industrial communication networks and variable speed drive applications
• Desirable knowledge/qualifications: - Recognised Assessor award: D32/D33, A1 or TAQA Knowledge of apprentice frameworks and standards
• Knowledge of ESFA funding regulations
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close cooperation with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries.
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 121544
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time