The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires an Operations Manager who will be responsible for overall management of the operations department.
What are my responsibilities ?
- Overall management of the Operations Department;
- Monitors the performance of the OMCC Controllers, Operations Planner, Line Supervisors, Tram Drivers and Security Sub-Contractor;
- Ensures the safety and integrity of operations according to applicable Rules & Regulations;
- Applies operations policy and standards;
- Ensures a safe, reliable and efficient operations of QEC PMS system and satisfactory service to passengers on a daily basis;
- Co-operates with other managers to address customer concerns and complaints, maintenance requirements, etc.
- Conducts investigations following incidents or degraded modes.
- Ensures proper implementation of the strategies, procedures and policies for a safe, reliable and efficient operation of the PMS system;
- Ensures that a satisfactory level of service is provided to passengers;
- Identify and implements operational improvements;
- Issues Operations instructions when required and updates operations rules and procedures;
- Chairs internal and external meetings and collaborates with other departments;
- Member of the Safety Management Committee for amendment of rules and regulations when necessary;
- Chairs the Competency Certificate Committee for certification of all Tram Driver, OMCC Controller, Line Supervisor, Operations & Maintenance Inspector and Operations Planner
- Liaises with third parties and the customer regarding operational issues and with other managers in order to solve customers’ concerns and complaints;
- Leads investigations following incidents, accidents or degraded modes in coordination with HSQE department and the customer;
- Initiates further (and refresher) training as required and provides input to the training process;
- Follows up on suggestions for operational improvements;
- Initiates disciplinary measures when required;
- Assists during T&C activities.
What do I need to qualify
for this job ?
- Degree in engineering or equivalent;
- Project management certification;
- Safety training
- Knowledge acquired in 15+ years in Operations of Railway systems preferable of tram systems with various functions;
- Knowledge of BOStrab (advantage)
- At least 5+ years of successful management of operations, knowledge of project management process.
- Is in good physical condition
- Meets requirements of fitness class 2.
- Experience working abroad with multicultural teams
- Experience in greenfield projects or organisations
- Good command of spoken and written English language
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Good analysis skills
- Strong leadership ability
- Firefighting, fire prevention, first aid
- Safety rules and regulations
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 121613
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time