Siemens provides answers to the toughest questions: We build infrastructure where there is no infrastructure. We energize the world, help industries run smoothly and create the digital tomorrow.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
The Strategic Procurement organization is responsible for developing procurement strategies that will ensure the optimization of Siemens’ competitive position. The responsibility of the Cold Blades & Vanes team covers complex supply chains and the including forging, complex machining and coating.
The person we are looking for develops and implements a commodity strategy for all LGT and GN frames in alignment with the global procurement strategy and the product specific requirements. This includes market analysis, global sourcing, cost development, supplier development, optimization of supply chains and negotiations with suppliers.
Languages: Fluent in English and Hungarian
- Definition and implementation of a procurement strategy for Cold Blades & Vanes to optimize Siemens’ competitive position with regard to product cost
- Alignment of strategy and initiatives with global procurement, R&D, manufacturing and across Business Units
- Development and implementation of innovative negotiation strategies and conduction of price and LTA negotiations
- Analyze supply market, supplier capabilities, prices and total costs
- Active contribution to new product developments
- Manage supply base and maintain business relationship with executive management of major suppliers
- Development of suppliers to optimize cost, productivity, capacity and quality and coordinate early supplier involvement initiatives
- Drive cost transparency and sustainable make-buy decision processes
- Leading and participating at interdisciplinary workgroups and projects
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelors / Masters degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent education
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in varying procurement or cross functional roles
- Application of knowledge to complete complex assignments
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and on own initiative
- Demonstrated ability to make analytical decisions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Travel percentage ~15%
In addition to providing a competitive benefit package and a modern, international work environment, we are respectful inclusive and diverse. We worship performance, celebrate individual contributions and different ways of thinking.
Job ID: 121697
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Zrt., Plant PG SU Budapest
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time