Siemens Mobility have an exciting opportunity within our Rolling Stock business for Overhaul Technicians at our state-of-the-art Bogie Service Centre in Lincoln. You will be part of the team responsible for the planning and carrying out of scheduled overhauls and maintenance on a wide range of fleets that are part of the Siemens portfolio. Siemens will provide extensive on the job training to make sure that you have all the skills and knowledge necessary to carry out the role. As a result, rail experience is not essential to be considered for this role.
As an Overhaul Technician you will be working from Monday-Friday on earlies and lates shift patterns. There is a possibility for overtime, including weekends if the business requires it.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- With minimal supervision undertake overhaul and repair of the allocated wheelsets / bogies/components adhering to the requisite processes and procedures. Track repairs and warranty administration process for all components through to a successful conclusion
- Assist other team members with the bogie / wheelset overhaul in order to develop technical skills
- Identify, order and collect spares and materials from stores
- Assist with cleaning of rolling stock when required
- Adhere to Siemens safety systems and controls in line with Rail Systems HSE Company policies.
- Take responsibility for raising issues of concern in regards to safety.
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions.
- Actively identify continuous improvement opportunities within own activities that will benefit customers and the business
- Actively participate in sharing best practice with colleagues and other teams on own site and other sites
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos.
- Complete all records and reports accurately and to procedure using appropriate technology and systems
What Qualification and Experience do I need?
- NVQ level 3 (minimum) or above Qualification in Engineering or similar.
- Experience of mechanical engineering would be a preference, but we will consider those from an electrical engineering or process environment
- Experience of basic fault finding
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Ability to understand and care for tools, equipment and PPE
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Ability to work in a team
What will the recruitment process involve?
The recruitment for these roles will be done via Assessments Centres which will be conducted in Lincoln in September/October 2019. Unfortunately, due to our recruitment time-frames you must be able to attend one of these assessment centres to be able to proceed with these roles. The start dates for these positions will be in November/December 2019, you will be required to join on specific dates in order to participate in our bespoke training packages.
As part of the assessment for this role you will need to complete and pass online testing prior to attending an assessment centre. We will contact you if you have been selected to complete the testing.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 121757
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time