We are looking for a design application lead engineer for cutting edge design applications development for Gas Turbine Engineering. This position provides an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic, product development environment to develop design applications for gas turbine components at Siemens Gas Turbine R&D Hub in Beijing.
What are my responsibilities?
• Development of gas turbine system and component design tools including all phases of the development life cycle (i.e., functional specifications, implementation, testing, and release)
- Software requirement analysis and clarification with customers, break down software requirements into functional specification and design specification, concept design and detail design
- Leading developing new design applications and upgrades in the interdisciplinary teams. Ensure software coding quality according to standards and agile development process.
- Software implementation as well as technical documentation, and customer training. Trouble shooting on complex solutions and technical difficulties during project implementation
- Customer-oriented software solutions and products marketing, keeping close interaction with customer to do project planning, project management and project coordination
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Master or above in Software Engineering, Mechanics/Mechanical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering
· Over 3 years of experience with a programming language (e.g., Python, C++) and Linux a plus
Over 2 years of experience in system requirement analysis, architecture design and optimization are required
· Experience of leading small software development teams is desirable where User Experience, front- and back-end design and implementation were performed
· Advanced knowledge of computational method with proven expertise in CAD and/or CAE simulation.
· Understanding of engineering design process (e.g., gas turbine, aircraft, or other complex systems)
· Design/analysis experience with components for turbo-machinery applications or similar applications is a plus.
· Demonstrated detail-oriented and innovative thinking mindset
· Ability to communicate effectively with external customers
· Must have exceptional inter-personal skills and enjoy working with colleagues from different organizations and cultural background
· Fluent in English and Chinese.
Job ID: 121763
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time