The Product Development Engineer will be working as part of a busy and professional team, involved with the design, test, prototyping as well as management of new products in addition to assistance with the product’s production. The designs will be robust and of high quality such that they meet both the Siemens design criteria as well as Global and/or European legislation.
What are my responsibilities?
- Undertake or assist in the design of a range of electrical/electronic hardware to meet supplied specification using a variety of tools such as Mentor xDx
- Producing associated documentation as required for the successful delivery of a project
- Working closely with embedded firmware engineers
- EMC, Safety and environmental conformance of design
- Associated functional testing
- Assist in the preparation of technical documentation for the purpose of tendering of bids
- Perform duties as directed by management from time to time, including site works
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Educated to degree (or equivalent) Electrical/Electronic engineering
- Experience with design of embedded system and control boards for a range of traffic functions e.g. control, sensing and communication
- Some experience with all disciplines from top level design through to detailed design, and verification
- Experience of research into new technologies and evaluation thereof
- Some direct knowledge of product validation leading to CE or UL certification
- Full UK Driving Licence
Some knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas would be desirable;
- Switch-mode power supply design of both isolated and non-isolated topologies
- Experience of designing electrical power systems to BS7671
- Experience in high-speed digital design (processor clock > 500 MHz, memory bus > 200 MHz)
- Experience in debugging and/or testing on a range of complex digital control boards
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 121800
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time