Job Description for Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical):
Maintenance Engineer – Factory Machinery / Equipment
Purpose of Position: To plan, execute, and support the Maintenance team for the supply of infrastructural resources required for the business units in Vadodara Factory and maintain the same within the budget parameters & at optimum cost within the framework of policies and guidelines of SL and SAG with the objective of achieving and exceeding the business goals of the department.
External Job Description:
• Process Execution: Execute & establish the Maintenance process through Corrective / Preventive / Predictive / Schedule Maintenance as per guideline for different machinery & plant equipment i.e. CNC Horizontal Lathe / VTL / Boring machines, Conventional Lathe / VTL machines, Welding Machines, EOT Cranes etc… to achieve departmental objectives/KPI’s
• Planning of Maintenance: Prepare the monthly / weekly / daily plan in line with the short/long term plan prepared by the department for the maintenance and upkeep of plant & machinery, utility items and equipment, etc, implement the maintenance processes laid down to support the execution as per plan, follow-up with vendors (as required) to meet the maintenance requirements on regular basis for the Baroda Factory IN ORDER TO ensure maximum machine/utility up-time within quality and costs.
• Planning of Spares: Identify, Plan and mobilize resources after seeking approval from department head for the spare parts/consumables, tools and equipment, support in preparing the maintenance budget and adhering to the maintenance costs, plan and maintain spare parts inventory IN ORDER TO ensure that spare parts, tools and equipment are available at the right time for the maintenance and upkeep of the plant & machinery and utility equipment.
• Maintenance Execution: Execute the preventive/planned maintenance of plant & machinery, utility items/equipment as per plan, lead and supervise the maintenance work in case of breakdown, review the health of the plant & machinery, Utility items and equipment, plan and execute the reconditioning & up gradation (as required) IN ORDER TO provide uninterrupted service within quality and costs.
• Liaison with External Body: Plan, seek approval, coordinate with the external agencies for engaging them for extending maintenance services (as required) Initiate, negotiate & procurement of spares (in line with SP Guidelines), IN ORDER TO continue improve the uptime of plant & machinery, utility items and equipment, provide uninterrupted services like power, communication, water, etc. ,and avoid legal violation as per law
• Safety, Health & Environment: Plan & implement effective measures for Machine Safety, Waste Mgmt., Act & Lead towards “Zero Harm Culture”, Organize & Conduct regular inspection/test for safety compliance as per law & legal requirements
• Quality: Implement quality management system, working procedures & guidelines, initiate corrective and preventive measures (as required) IN ORDER TO implement QMS, achievement of quality objectives and improve customer satisfaction.
• Competencies: Techniques (Technologies / Methodologies / Professional Knowledge):
Technologies: Concept of Planned/Predictive and Breakdown maintenance of plant and machinery/equipment, Analytical ability & problem solving skills
Methodologies: Hands-on Experience of Production/Plant Machinery Maintenance. Technical knowledge in fields of Heavy Duty Machines i.e. Horizontal CNC Lathe, CNC Boring & Milling M/c, CNC & Conventional VTL-Boring-Lathe M/c-, EOT Cranes, Material Handling Equipment etc.
I) Quality systems and standards as practiced in SIEMENS or any Heavy Engineering Industry, ISO 9001:2015 / ISO 14001:2015 / OHSA 18001 / ISO 45001
II) Computer proficiency, Commercial Concepts and Statutory Laws related to Safety, Health and Environment etc.
• Essential Experience:
Professional: Minimum 7-9 years core experience in Heavy Engineering Unit in Plant Machinery & Equipment Maintenance. Should work independently
Process: Should have at least 4-5 years experience in implementing the various preventive-breakdown maintenance works for the heavy-duty machines and should have hands-on experience of the same.
Co-operates with Maintenance Technicians and/or external service provides in repair issues
Project: Should have hands-on experience of Machine installation & commissioning i.e. layout planning to erecting stage with execution
Understanding of Machine Geometry & it’s criticality for Machining operation
Minimum 3-4 years experience of leading/supervising a maintenance team is preferable.
Out of Box thinker, first to take initiative,
Having good Inter Personal & communication skills
Good at Analytics & preparing of reports.
Result & Quality oriented:
Displays learning ability & is able to learn continuously by being open and flexible on new things & creative in nature
Always be a good team player & self motivated
Respect SIEMENS values & having professional ethics
• Additional Requirement:
Qualification: Diploma Engineering (Mechanical)
Additional Qualification in Safety/TPM/KAIZEN will be an added advantage, machining techniques including the maintenance of CNC /Conventional machines, EOT Cranes will be preferred
Job ID: 121824
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time