From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Engineer to join our Mobility team based in either Melbourne or Adelaide locations in Australia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and coordinating the successful execution of all engineering activities on Railway Signalling Projects across the country. This role will report directly the Head of Project Engineering, and will be a core member of the project management team working in partnership with the Project Manager and Commercial Manager in order to ensure project deliverables.
- Technical authority for the solution across signalling projects
- Technical interface external to the customer
- Technical project management
- Drives and guides the creation of a functional architecture for a complete Solution and of a technical realisation concept over all its domain and technical aspects.
- Evaluates different concepts with respect to technological and commercial aspects.
- Specifies and integrates standard products, components and systems according to the required functionality of the solution and coordinates their interfaces and interaction.
- Verifies and validates the concepts and specifications versus the requirements and standards.
- Acts internally as an integrating and coordinating technical function.
- May take over disposition functions or responsibility for costs, time and quality (in cooperation or as substitute for the respective positions).
- A strong technical knowledge of railway systems
- At least 7+ years of relevant railway signalling project engineering experience and proved delivered railway signalling projects.
- Experience in development of detailed design drawings for electrical equipment
- Electrical Engineering, Science Degree, IT or equivalent qualifications
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to develop complex technical documentation inc. drawings, instructions, bills of material
- Experience in the technical management of subcontractors and vendors
- Project planning experience
- Familiarity with Siemens signalling products and solutions
- Delivery of signalling solutions into the railway
- Exposure to RAMS lifecycle, signalling principles, train control system, interlockings, train detection systems, ETCS
- High level of system engineering experience
- Customer facing skills
- PM experience advantageous
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.