From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have two fantastic opportunities for a Senior RAMS Engineer or RAMS Engineer to join our Siemens Mobility team. Based in either of our main locations Melbourne or Brisbane.
The key aspect of the role is analyse and report on regulatory matters concerning procedures and product regulatory aspects.
To help achieve this a RAMS Engineer adopts a systematic approach throughout all phases of the life-cycle of a railway application and will be able to:
- Analysis and evaluation of all system RAMS related customer requirements
- Preparation of technical RAMS system documentation as required
- Executed specific Safety Analysis as required by the project
- Supports and collaborate with closely related engineering disciplines like System integration, testing, EMC, Cyber-security, Human Factor, Verification, validation and T&C.
- Supervises their work package regarding quality, functional, technical budget and time-related goals
- Anticipate deviations in their work packages and propose solution to resolve potential project issue (in coordination with the technical project management and line management, if necessary)
- Reviews of system related documents Project execution of the relevant work packages based on detailed cost and time planning
- Supports engineering teams as well as integration, test, validation and approval work.
- Recognises deviations in their work packages early, identifies causes of problems and resolves them (in coordination with the technical project management, if necessary)
- Derives relevant project goals from the contract and offer documents, always in coordination with the technical project manager
- A minimum of 3 years experience within the Rail transport industry in RAMS using standards such as IEC61508, EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129.
- For the senior role you will have a minimum of 5-8 years experience in a similar position.
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering, Science or Mathematics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and your ability to build sound working relationships internally and externally will ensure your success in this role.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 121835
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time