Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
To support Integrally Geared compressor sales in the Asia Pacific region by developing project specific selling propositions and assisting with technical expertise the Sales Managers. Process starts from pre-acquisition activities to handover to project execution team. Scope includes all technical aspects of proposed equipment, and partially development of costs and support to Sales Managers for commercial aspects as required. Assist Sales Managers in customer meetings as required with technical expertise of the Siemens I product capabilities and features.
- Conceptual solution development, including project screening, to develop unique selling propositions for all opportunities the business proposes (may be in consultation with Sales Managers as required)
- Support Sales Managers in negotiation and technical presentation of the proposed solution to the customers
- Prepare technical LoA and comply with LOA process for each firm offer/contract, including drafting of technical comments to client specs and gaining Product Manager approval.
- Prepare (together with headquarter assistance) & present technical papers on product developments and applications to targeted conferences throughout the region
- Technical and cost responsibility of proposed equipment
- Support Sales Managers in hand over of awarded projects to project management / engineering department
- Keep track of technical developments of competition. Track and record what solutions are being offered in the regional market by competitors
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with design and features of IGC , GC and GV compressors, steam turbines.
- Proficiency in presenting to customer’s technical specialists, to convince these of the IGC capabilities.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 121857
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time