What are my responsibilities?
- Early Involvement. Participate and providing support in bidding phase with appropriate procurement strategy, assessing supply risks and defining mitigation measures, facilitating the early involvement of suppliers and regional/ global commodity management.
- Project Procurement standards. Establish proper sourcing processes and control all Procurement resources and activities in the project and informing all involved in Procurement to deliver optimum impact of cost-cutting potential (Procurement plan, target-costing) and other Procurement targets and to meet requirements relating to deadlines and quality. Apply Procurement regulations as per Compliance and organization standards.
- Bid preparation / Contribution to increased hit rate. Analyze customer inquiries during bid preparation / opportunity management phases and exactly understand the customer's functional needs in order to include (supplier) innovations that improve Siemens' cost position and/or the customer's benefit.
- Support project calculation with reliable material cost data. Analyze scope of supply and contract agreements, carry out risk analyses and introduce negotiation recommendations together with Commodity Management to prepare for negotiations with suppliers (back-to-back where appropriate) and to initiate appropriate measures.
- Analyze sales and operations planning in respect of starting / new projects, assessing and controlling of material costs within the whole project business in order to ensure the involvement of Procurement.
- Strategy definition and implementation. Derive Procurement strategies in projects on the basis of Division-wide and BU-wide Procurement strategies and ensure their implementation (in particular pooling or utilization of master contracts), as well as identify solution approaches and integrate diverse objectives to achieve the project and the strategic Procurement targets
- Negotiation. Head up contractual and price negotiations and/or support the specialist buyers responsible for particular material fields (in particular those not covered by any Commodity Management) to secure project targets with optimum conditions.
- Monitoring/Reporting. Clarify internal indicators for project controlling and compiling all relevant information to submit qualified reports (e.g. for the project team, Procurement management team).
- Supplier Management. Drive team to adhere to Supplier Management processes (e.g. evaluation, development, initiatives, control) in achieving best and quality supplier selections
- Risk and opportunity management. Identify particular Procurement risks, opportunities and market forces during the project together with the Commodity Management to avoid potential damage / exploit potential opportunities through tailored risk and claim management (e.g. contractual framework).
- Knowledge management. Forward systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants up to date
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor Degree in Materials Management /Procurement / Supply Chain Management
- At least 5 years experience in Procurement, Project business, SAP
- Intercultural experience in an international team
- Good communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Strategic sourcing and contract management
- Procurement planning and contract management standards
- Logistics and order management standards and processes
- Industry Expertise for managing procurement projects & processes
- Advanced knowledge of SAP
- Experience in people management
Job ID: 122021
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time