Location: Munich / Cologne / Stuttgart or any other location within Germany
Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
The low coding platform Mendix is the newest part of the Siemens PLM Software portfolio to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers.
Mendix for Industrial Digitalization
Mendix bridges the gap between business and IT while achieving unparalleled resource efficiency. Mendix provides a platform approach that helps enterprises to innovate and digitally transform their businesses and industries. Siemens PLM Software leverages Mendix to extend core functionality of the existing portfolio and to create innovative solutions through integration.
We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative people with demonstrable work experience with a relevant background in customer facing positions as an architect, consultant or engineer.
In the role of “UX Designer (m/f/d) for Mendix”, you’ll drive digital innovation by:
- Being responsible for bringing a combination of Design, Front-end development and product expertise to our customers and advise and guide them how to maximize user experience in their Mendix application portfolio and organization
- Act as part of a Country Professional Services team, work productively with other Consultants, Architects, Project Managers, and other internal & external interfaces to ensure that the customer succeeds in their objectives
- Enable app development with agile implementation methodology using product canvas, user journeys, mock-ups and great looking applications
- Work collaboratively to develop and deliver successful solutions for the customer using the agile methodology throughout the project lifecycle including implementation / installation, configuration, testing, deployment, production support
- Actively participate in Country Communities of Practice, leveraging technical and industry best practices and templates to deliver project tasks, providing experiences to support continual improvement
- Under guidance and in line with project processes and messaging, interact with the customer to support the management of customer expectations and support customer adoption
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- The ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Experience in UX design and front-end development background
- Multiple years working in a customer facing environment
- Relevant higher education in user interaction design, graphical design or product design
- Experience in designing mobile friendly websites and web-based applications
- Good knowledge of best practices in user interaction design, visual representation of complex data, information architecture, and user interface conventions as applied to complex business applications
- Solid understanding of HTML, CSS and Bootstrap with proven Photoshop or Illustrator experience
- Excellent communications (English and German) and interpersonal skills with an ability to help customers find the right solution
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%
Ideally, you should also have:
- Good knowledge of Cloud platforms such as AWS / Azure and knowledge of PaaS / SaaS applications
- Experience with agile methodologies, specifically Scrum
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers worldwide, who already rely on our competence in digitization today. More than 1,800 colleagues in Germany are involved in exciting and varied customer projects. Here you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive training options and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements and diverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
What more do I need to know?
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Marc Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Job ID: 122063
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time