- The Substation and Distribution Automation Technical Promoter is responsible to drive business development activities of substation automation system (CSCS/SAS), remote terminal unit (RTU), feeder automation application, fault condition monitoring (FCM) by utilizing technical experience on related products.
- Plays an active role in supporting profit improvement of the business unit by providing configuration, testing and commissioning support of RTU, FCM and/or SAS/CSCS depending on project requirement. Product training will be provided, however the candidate shall be equipped with common knowledge such as: IEC61850, DNP3, MODBUS, system topologies, electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Creates product demand by conducting periodic trainings with customers to create deeper understanding of Siemens RTU and Automation solutions
- Develops business by performing technical audits at customer locations (mainly in Thailand) on electrical automation system.
- Supports customer in case of technical clarification or errors, together with support from the Siemens customer support hotline.
- The customers of Siemens Thailand are based in primarily in Thailand, but also in Myanmar and Cambodia. Ability to understand and explain solutions in English is highly advantageous.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Power Electrical Engineering / Electronics / Communications from reputable university. Holders of Diploma or equivalent with more than 10 years hands on experience can be considered.
- At least 5 years experience in engineering substation/power plant and HV/MV/LV switchgear, Remote Terminal Unit (RTU), Feeder Automation is preferred.
- Has experience in testing and commissioning of substation automation system and RTU.
- Working experience in the following protocols : DNP3, MODBUS, IEC61850, IEC104 ( preferred)
- Familiar with protocol test systems for simulation of SCADA center. Familiarity with any of Thai or regional electrical utility SCADA system, RTU system, Substation Automation system is an advantage.
- Has competency in control system, SCADA system, telecommunication equipment (Multiplexer, Power Line Carrier)
- Has good interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skill
- Fast learner and able to work independently or as a team player
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Able to work under minimum or less supervision
- Able to adapt faster in different situations and conditions
- Able to work under time constraints and pressure
- Willing to work in Thailand or overseas (Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia) for certain duration of time
Job ID: 122122
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time