From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
Based in our Adelaide/Melbourne or Sydney offices, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within Mobility of the Siemens business that has immense market potential.
The Functional Tester in Charge is responsible to implement the test and commissioning procedures according to the project milestones in order to complete the system delivery.
- Development of a Test & Commissioning strategy, system test plans, establish the onsite test environment ensuring work place health and safety is ensured for all staff onsite.
- Act as the Engineering interface for their areas of responsibility to the Customer, Project and Project Engineering Management, the Bid Group, R&D, Product Line Management, Engineering, technical interface partners, and other key stakeholders as necessary.
- Engineering Functional Leader with capability of planning the test & commissioning activities considering the necessary organisation in order to perform the various tests.
- Responsible to manage activities test & commissioning activities offsite and onsite both from a technical point of view and from a managerial point of view for ensuring that the technical quality of their, or on larger projects their team's, engineering deliverables satisfies project scope and customer requirements.
- Consistent test & commissioning management is to be ensured throughout the entire project execution phase in order to minimise the technical risks of complex projects.
Acts as the Engineering interface for their areas of responsibility to the Customer, Project Management, the Bid Group, R&D, Product Line Management, Engineering, technical interface partners, and other key stakeholders as necessary.
- Rail Systems Test & Commissioning
- Railway Systems, Railway Operations and commissioning rules and standards
- Work Experience on European Train Control Systems (ETCS) is preferable. Knowledge on Communications Based Train Control (CBTC) or Positive Train Control (PTC) is appreciable.
- Rails Systems Onsite Test and Commissioning Techniques and Practices
- Relevant Engineering Processes and Standards; e.g.; CENELEC EN 50126
- At least 4 years in the area of Rail Systems Integration, Testing and Commissioning
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 122127
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time