Managed Equipment Service (MES Engineer) - Queens Hospital, Romford
A bit about us:
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Come and join our on-site team as a MES Engineer to deliver a range of engineering services.
Your mission and responsibilities:
To provide a range of engineering support functions to facilitate the Managed Equipment Service operations such that Siemens Healthcare discharges its contractual obligations in line with the Company's Values.
- Investigate and diagnose faults on a wide range of Medical equipment ensuring the appropriate remedial action is implemented whilst taking account of patient safety, efficiency, cost, performance and response/fix times;
- Carry out repairs in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and within the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s);
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM’s) according to the agreed programme and PPM schedules;
- Carry out acceptance testing and commissioning of new, loan and trail equipment as per MHRA guidelines;
- Achievement of Customer Satisfaction targets;
- Maintain the Company's standards of Compliance, Quality and Health & Safety as they relate to the MES operations;
- Other duties that are appropriate to the role as and when required to meet the operational needs of the Company.
Local internal contacts will include the Operations Manager, the MES Manager and other members of the immediate MES team; in addition, there will be the need to interface with other Siemens staff at all levels at various locations. External contacts will include suppliers, clinicians and other staff and management from the hospital and consortium.
Your qualification and experience:
- The successful candidate will hold Electronics, Medical or Engineering Degree or HNC (or equivalent qualification or experience).
- Proven post qualification work experience gained within a Managed Equipment Services (MES) / EBME workshop within a hospital environment.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Sound knowledge of engineering principles and how they are applied in practice.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages and service management software.
- In addition, you will have a good understanding of working to service level agreements and customer satisfaction targets.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Job ID: 122168
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time