Principle Traffic Engineer – ITS
Consultancy Services (CS) are an engineering team delivering a wide range of traffic engineering projects across the UK and internationally. We are dedicated to providing a professional approach to diverse transport engineering problems and work with our customers to provide a high quality and reliable service delivering sustainable and innovative solutions.
This role covers an experienced traffic engineer at principal level to deliver complex traffic engineering projects across a range of disciplines. You will be responsible for the management of large number of projects through to successful delivery. You will also be responsible for a number of junior team members and their professional development.
Areas of responsibility and tasks
· Be responsible for the Health & Safety of your direct reports (if applicable)
· Be responsible for the development of your direct reports (if applicable)
· Deliver a wide range of traffic engineering projects across the regional area and the other parts of the UK in accordance with current national/local standards, guidance and best practice.
· Deliver traffic engineering projects in accordance with ergonomic, economic and sustainable principles.
· Assessment and mitigation of risks associated with traffic engineering projects.
· Travel to site visits and customer meetings with overnight stays where appropriate.
· Be responsible for the project management of each allocated project including financial tracking to ensure projects are completed on time and to budget.
· Responsible for reporting any project issues to the consultancy manager at the earliest time.
· Be responsible for technical approval of traffic engineering schemes before delivery to customers.
· Preparation of technical reports and specifications.
· Preparation of consultancy/design quotations.
Knowledge & Skills
The key competencies and capabilities for this role are:
· High level of communication skills will be necessary as you will be expected to liaise with other parts of the business and with customers one to one and in a presenting role.
· Ability to manage all aspects of project delivery from opportunity through to acceptance.
· Have a firm understanding of the financial management objectives required to deliver projects
· Ability to write and review technical reports.
· Ability to manage your own time and the forward load planning of the team.
· Ability to solve complex traffic engineering problems.
· Ability to achieve objectives with strict deadlines.
To have experience in most of the following areas and have a specialist knowledge of multiple areas. One or more traffic engineering areas should be at a specialist level recognised as an industry expert, influencing the development of that area across the industry.
· Traffic signal design fundamentals and UK standards/specifications
· Traffic engineering software including LinSig, Transyt and AutoCAD, IC4
· Knowledge of traffic signal products from across the industry
· UTC systems & SCOOT
· MOVA Design & Validation
· Other traffic systems including UTMC Common Databases and Remote Monitoring
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 122173
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time