Consultancy Services Technician
Consultancy Services (CS) are an engineering team delivering a wide range of traffic engineering projects across the UK and internationally. We are dedicated to providing a professional approach to diverse transport engineering problems and work with our customers to provide a high quality and reliable service delivering sustainable and innovative solutions.
This role will require close working with other parts of the CS team providing design assistance across a range of disciplines.
Areas of responsibility and tasks
· Provide assistance to CS team on a range of projects
· Deliver smaller traffic engineering projects in accordance with current national/local standards, guidance and best practice.
· Assessment and mitigation of risks associated with traffic engineering projects.
· Preparation of technical reports and specifications.
· Preparation of consultancy/design quotations.
Knowledge & Skills
The key competencies and capabilities for this role are:
· High level of communication skills, both verbal and written, will be necessary as you will be expected to liaise with other parts of the business and with customers
· Ability to solve problems
· Ability to achieve objectives with strict deadlines and manage your own workload
· Experience of using CAD drawing packages in 2D such as AutoCAD is preferred but not essential.
· To have or be working towards an HNC/HND/Degree in engineering or a related subject is preferred or have relevant equivalent experience.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 122174
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time