Siemens Software is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM. For more information on our products and services, please visit https://www.siemens.com/plm
Our Professional Services team is responsible for the delivery of the PLM solutions using the Siemens Advantage Success Program; aligning the value of Siemens PLM Software and leveraging our experience, PLM best practices and tools to quickly and confidently deliver the value of PLM software.
About the Role
It’s an exciting time here at Siemens Software. To support our growth in the End to End Data Management Lifecycle in the Marine Industry, the Professional Services department in Spain is looking for a
Marine Solution Architect
with the following responsibilities:
- Act as a domain expert, bringing strong relevant industry experience to other members of the team
- Drive the introduction of new Shipbuilding capabilities into projects
- Work closely & collaboratively with other senior members (Program Manager; Project Manager; Solution Architect and Subject Matter Experts)
- Lead Core PLM Solutions definition team to confirm Business Use Case level solution decomposition for design solutions including: Requirements Management; Targets Management; Conceptual Design; Conceptual Analysis; System Engineering; System Analysis; Configuration Management; Document Management; Assembly Planning; Production Engineering; SAP Integration capabilities for previous solutions
- Conception of solutions with the optimal economical implementation of these architectures in combination with the Siemens PLM portfolio, especially Teamcenter
- Ensure integration of development of relevant PLM architecture into the overall PLM architecture of the business areas, with attention to the CAD environment, standard parts and ERP systems
- Development and documentation of best practices in close cooperation with the customer, project teams and product development
- Technical and methodical support of pilot projects for the evaluation of the PLM architecture proposed / software solution
- Naval Engineer or similar/equivalent qualifications
- Experience and knowledge of ship (vessel) design and construction processes.
- Marine industry background with knowledge/proficiency of Shipbuilding Structures and Shipyard Processes
- Knowledge of rules and workings of classifications and regulatory bodies
- Experienced in solution consulting for Marine PLM and software solutions
- Several years of experience in consulting and implementation, as well as consulting and concept development for the product development process.
- Strong customer orientation, communication skills, enthusiasm and persuasion skills
- Focused on results and quality, with strong decision making ability and organizational skills
- Open to travel and flexibility as required
- Fluent Spanish and English
As well as competitive salary and benefits, we offer a team-oriented working environment with some of the best minds in the business, challenging projects with exciting clients, and long term career prospects.
Location? Ideally you will be located close to one of our existing offices or customer sites but, for the right person and with regular travel a necessity, we’re open to discussing other locations within Spain.
Siemens. Making real what matters.
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Job ID: 122236
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time