Title : Intern
Location : Bangalore, India
Organization: Technology Center, Siemens Healthineers
Mode of employment: Full time
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology
to the healthcare industry. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum—from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
The Technology Center department occupies a special position within Siemens Healthineers. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities across the globe, Technology Center helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
The Technologies for Precision Medicine India Research Group of Siemens Healthineers Technology Center in Bangalore, India is looking to recruit an intern wanting to have real-world experience in interdisciplinary research and development in the areas of Machine Learning based diagnostics tools. This person will be involved in development of novel machine learning based models for analyzing biomedical data. A practical hands-on ability to write or analyze Python based code for machine learning is required. The internship duration could extend from 3 to 6 months.
What are my responsibilities?
• Read and understand technical literature (journal articles, publications, reports)
• Write codes/scripts to implement algorithms
• Collect, analyze, and interpret data;
• Analyze large, complex data sets by developing machine learning and deep learning pipelines on biomedical time-series data
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Student who has not yet graduated and working towards a relevant Bachelors/Master/PhD in Computer Science/Applied Mathematics/Statistics/Machine Learning or equivalent discipline degree, from an accredited academic institute
• Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of Machine Learning frameworks
• Ability to write scripts in R and Python or similar high-level programming languages
• Experience with Caffe, TensorFlow, MxNet, Keras, Theano or other deep learning frameworks
• Experience with applying Machine Learning on time-series data is a plus
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have further questions regarding this job offer, please be free to post your resume mandatorily through the link mentioned below