Then come and join our global team as the Headquarter Support Center (HSC) Automation Engineer. Based in either Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane, this position provides expert level service and support to the Regional Units primarily for problem management and for supporting as needed with the management of complex issues escalated by the Regional support Centers (RSC).
- This role requires keen problem management and written skills to address and document technical issues that impact the Siemens laboratory automation portfolio. HSC is required to work collaboratively with cross functional partners to achieve a final solution and eliminate root cause.
- HSC is required to understand all aspects of Siemens Automation products to ensure troubleshooting, repair, issue identification in the form of non-conformance are escalated and processed correctly via Siemens quality complaint handling system.
- The Global Automation support engineer may respond to the most difficult automation problems either on site or through remote tools.
- The Global Automation support engineer is also the primary liaison between the RSC or DCU (Designated Complaint Unit), for problem clarification with R&D and/or OEM vendors for complaint investigation or confirmation processes.
- This position is under Siemens Healthcare service organization for Laboratory Diagnostics (HC SV CS LD HSC) and reports directly to the manager of HSC Automation for Siemens DX. Requires passport or visa for international travel.
Daily or monthly activities may include the following:
- Updating / managing complaints to determine if they are non-conformance or enhancement to ensure the proper process is used for solution generation.
- Creating and presenting data or information in a way that can drive a business decision to enhance or resolve a product problem identified through the complaint process.
- Preparing technical calls and hosting global conference calls, which may include presenting webinars to technical experts via remote conferencing.
- Creating / reviewing Product Support Troubleshooting Documentation (internal and external)
- Efficiently troubleshooting system level issues, including hardware, software, motor control (Drives) / pneumatics system, PLC / UPS / CAN / control panels.
- Using proactive tools or data sets to target accounts for remedial action and work cross functionally to formulate an action plan that is implemented by the local support organizations.
- Working directly with in-house and OEM R&D to ensure the solution will meet the service or end user’s needs.
- Designing and delivering advanced training workshops for 2nd level support engineers local or remote.
Your required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum 4 year degree in a technical discipline, Engineering preferred.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- +3 years of experience is required in Engineering / Support discipline. Healthcare Diagnostics is preferred.
- Experience with automation systems is a plus
- 20-80% travel may be required depending on skill level.
- Strong data analytics from a presentation and troubleshooting perspective.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel / PowerPoint / Notepad++ / SQL / graphing / pivot tables.
- Team participation / leadership skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Able to multitask and prioritize a variety of concurrent activities.
Job ID: 122522
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Pty. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time