Then come and join our global team as the Headquarter Support Center (HSC) Informatics Engineer. Based in either Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane, this position provides expert level service and support to the Regional Units primarily for problem management and for management of complex issues escalated by the Regional Support Centers (RSC).
- This role requires keen troubleshooting, problem management and written skills to address and document technical issues that impact the Siemens laboratory informatics portfolio. HSC is required to work collaboratively with cross functional partners to achieve a final solution and eliminate root cause.
- HSC is required to understand all aspects of Siemens Healthcare Informatics products to ensure troubleshooting and issue identification in the form of non-conformance are escalated and processed correctly via the Siemens quality complaint handling process.
- The Global Informatics support engineer may respond to the most difficult problems either on site or through remote interaction.
- The Global Informatics support engineer is also the primary liaison between the Regional Support Center (RSC) or Designated Complaint Unit (DCU), for problem clarification with Research and Development (R&D) and/or Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) vendors for complaint investigation or confirmation processes.
- This position is under Siemens Healthcare service organization for Laboratory Diagnostics, and reports directly to the manager of HSC Informatics for Siemens DX. Requires passport or visa for international travel as needed.
Daily or monthly activities may include the following:
- Updating / managing complaints to determine if they are non-conformance or enhancement to ensure the proper process is used for solution generation.
- Creating and presenting data or information in a way that can drive a business decision to enhance or resolve a product problem identified through the complaint process.
- Preparing technical calls and hosting global conference calls, which can include presenting information to technical experts either in person or via remote conferencing.
- Creating / reviewing Product Support Troubleshooting Documentation (internal and external).
- Troubleshooting technical issues including connection, routing, database and data communication issues.
- Using proactive tools or data sets to target accounts for remedial action and work cross functionally to formulate an action plan that is implemented by the local support organizations.
- Working directly with in-house and OEM R&D to ensure the solution will meet the service and/or end user’s needs.
- Design and deliver advanced training workshops for support engineers local or remote.
- Participating in Service Element Teams to provide
Your required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum 4 year degree in Computer Technology or related fields or equivalent experience. Preference will be given to candidates with BS degree in Computer Technology (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with computer concentration).
- Experience with IT systems support, including clients and servers.
- Experience with customer support ticketing systems.
- Advanced Technical Troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills along with the ability to present to different technical groups and management via written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated welcoming instincts, a personable and social approach and the ability to effectively handle team issues.
- Proficient in Office applications (Word Processing, Presentation and Spreadsheet).
- Proven success working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, while readily adapting/responding to changes in the environment and priorities.
- Ability to troubleshoot Computer and Server Hardware Issues, without physical access to those systems.
- Ability to decipher and analyze various Software, Database and System log files.
- Ability to Work with different types of database software.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows and the ability to troubleshoot network issues.
- Ability to Troubleshoot Linux and Microsoft Windows Client/Server software issues.
- Experience with clinical informatics systems.
- Demonstrated familiarity with and/or interest in using technology and ongoing interest in furthering personal professional development.
Additional favourable Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Familiarity with laboratory instrument interfacing and having worked with a clinical laboratory.
- Proven support experience with Virtualization.
- Experience working with SQL databases and scripting.
- Midlevel Programming in an object based language.
Job ID: 122523
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Pty. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time