The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires an Intern who will be responsible for supporting the commercial and supply chain teams.
What are my responsibilities ?
- Support the Commercial / SCM team with the account payables
- Coordinate with suppliers where necessary for the correctness of the respective invoice booking
- Coordinate and align with Commercial, SCM and Project team for additional demands
- Coordinate with Commercial Managers for correctness in booking of Supplier Invoices
- Administer Purchase Orders vs Contracts and Project Demands
- Support Commercial Manager / Commercial Administrators in controlling actual vs Forecasted amounts
- Support Commercial Manager / Commercial Administrator in supplier payment schedule
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- You are currently studying a commercial, accounting or business administration course in a reputable university in Qatar
- It is required to be a registered student during the internship (or) should be a fresh graduate, so the intern will be able to work full-time for 3 to 6 months
- Should be on a student visa in Qatar or on a parent/spouse sponsored visa that is valid for the duration of the internship
- Experience in Handling Excel and Office Suite
- Have strong English communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Ability to work independently and have high attention to detail
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 122620
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time