Project managers bring people, ideas, and opportunities together. They are temporary team leaders, have all of a project’s costs and deadlines under control, get things rolling, understand technology and get people moving. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special project management career path.
- You have hands on experience in EHV AIS/GIS retrofit projects.
- You’ll be responsible for all project phases (start-up, planning, design, implementation, installation, Commissioning & handover).
- You’ll provide support to customer at times, including providing recommendations based on a thorough understanding of the customer’s business and operational environment.
- You will drive various measures in order to Optimize project cost to improve profitability.
- You’ll ensure commercial contract conditions and timelines are met, including management of contract Variations, change management and claim management.
- You’ll monitor & control project, including necessary interventions, to ensure achievement of delivery milestones, timelines & quality within the project budget.
- You’ll monitor and negotiate requirements and fulfilment of project specific conditions with multiple subcontractors and suppliers, including negotiation and agreement of contracts.
- You’ll be responsible for risk management, claim management including development & implementation of suitable technical & commercial mitigation strategies.
- You’ll provide ongoing monitoring and timely reporting of project status against project targets.
- You’ll be travelling occasionally for FAT, SAT, Customers complaints & execution support etc. based on project requirement.
- You will have targets for new order as well as revenue and will also be responsible for business development activities.
- You will have to study installed base and need to prepare long term strategy in order to tap market out of it.
- You’re a graduate from Electrical Engineering with minimum 7-10 years practical experience as a responsible Project Manager with responsibility for small teams.
- You have handled individual Electrical retrofit projects with profit and loss responsibility.
- You’ve practical experience on installation, testing and commissioning work for Extra high voltage switchgear (switching as well as non switching) like circuit breakers, Disconnectors, CT, PT etc. Ideally from 66KV to 765 KV.
- You’ve sound knowledge of civil and structural associated with turnkey electrical projects.
- You’ve practical experience in understanding the relay commissioning and scheme checking.
- You’ve experience with electrical Utilities / Industries
- You’re PMP certification professional with excellent Leadership Skills, a team player, able to work in complex environment and under pressure.
- You’ve a commercial contract sense and customer service mindset with excellent in project scheduling and forecasting.
- You’ll travel to various Suppliers & customer sites (around 20 % of your time).
This role is based in Kalwa, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 122691
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time