Siemens are recruiting a Commercial Assistant to join our Gas and Power division. You will be supporting the Installation and Commissioning onsite team, based on Triton Knoll Substation site (near Lincoln). There may be a requirement to travel to either Monkton or Manchester for occasional meetings. This is a site based commercial support role, reporting to the Commercial Project Manager.
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralised flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
What part will you play?
- Update and maintain Task Card Tracker, highlighting any savings or overspends
- Update labour forecast and identify reasons for changes
- Update and maintain Risk Register with Site Manager support, monitor the likelihood of risks and provide cost estimate of risks
- Update and maintain record of project delays caused by others
- Identify and monitor progress of contract variations and monthly cost movement
- Maintain site register and record all timesheets and compare with data in SAP
- Update and maintain plant forecast with site manager support
- Maintain record of all purchase orders against budgets, check and authorise invoices
- Hire vs Purchase cost analysis
What you need to make real what matters:
- Relevant administration experience required
- Excellent communication skills and able to influence stakeholders
- Ability to analyse data and identify anomalies
- Experience using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience working on site preferable (ideally in a mechanical / electrical / civil environment)
- A commercial or finance background would be preferred
We have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Apply now and make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens!
Job ID: 122933
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Transmission & Distribution Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time