We have an exciting opportunity for a Personal Assistant to support up to two of our Directors for Siemens Rolling Stock, based in London (Euston)
The role will see you provide comprehensive PA Support to one or two members of the
Executive Rolling Stock (RS) Management Team. You will serve as a key first point of contact both
for face to face meetings (meet and greet) and telephone contact with both internal and external
customers. Provide Administrative support to the wider departmental team to facilitate the
overall efficiency and success of the function/area.
The successful candidate can expect to spend time in the first weeks learning the personal style of each of Directors, and how their functions operates, whilst at the same time getting to grips with the internal systems and technologies used for various activities.
What are my responsibilities?
- Diary management, setting up meetings and visits, ensuring relevant attendance and preparation
- Review incoming email / correspondence and where appropriate action independently
- Organise all travel arrangements, including the necessary approvals and assessments
- Internal, client and supplier telephone interface as required
- Manage expense claims and approvals on behalf of Director
- Maintain timesheets for Director and – where required – their leadership team
- Organise internal and external meetings, incl. preparatory materials, and take minutes as required, cascade and chase actions where appropriate
- Professionally expedite delegated actions from Director
- Plan and review the Director’s commitments and reporting schedules to assist Director in meeting internal and external commitments, as well as delivery of goals and initiatives
- Ad hoc project work and tasks requiring research and data collection
- Prepare presentations and reports targeted at a variety of audiences, e.g. customers, employees, senior management, key stakeholders etc., ensuring necessary quality achieved every time
- Compile reports and liaise directly with contributors to ensure timely submission
- Maintain filing systems and controlled documents
- Implement and manage processes in line with company policies and directives
- Interface and communicate with senior client representatives and other stakeholders on behalf of Director
- Liaise with senior management within Siemens on behalf of Director
- Establish good working relationships with other Personal Assistants internally and externally, as well as the wider Siemens Admin Team, supporting where required
- Organise periodic events
- Provide support to other Directors and Senior Management as required
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Excellent organisational skills and professional working style (essential)
- Word, Excel & PowerPoint to intermediate level as a minimum, preferably advanced level (essential)
- Good interpersonal skills – strong communicator who is confident engaging at all levels (both internal and external) (essential)
- A team player, flexible in approach and attitude, able to establish and maintain positive working relationships (essential)
- High integrity, able to work with complete confidentiality (essential)
- Assertive and deadline driven (essential)
- Attention to detail and focused on delivering quality output (essential)
- Proactive and able to work under pressure / prioritise with minimal supervision (essential)
- Organisational awareness (essential)
Closing date 26/08/2019
The Siemens Mobility Division with approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Traffic Solutions, and Rail Electrification.
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Job ID: 122936
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time