Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Department: Simulation and Test Solutions
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nurem-berg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Join our team as a “Software Engineer (m/f/d) – SISW” in our office in Nuremberg.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
Siemens PLM Software is seeking an advanced software developer with HPC proficiency to contribute to our Simulation Framework team. The primary focus of this team is the development of high quality software that serves as an underlying framework for other parts of the STAR-CCM+ simulation product such as mesh generation and physics. The successful candidate will develop and optimize HPC framework for shared and distributed memory systems, including in support of both new and existing features.
The position reports to the HPC program manager, as part of the Simulation Frame-work division of the STAR-CCM+ Platform department.
- Design, implement, and extend HPC-specific framework for use on a range of systems and modern hardware
- Interact with stakeholders to identify needs and requirements
- Profile and optimize new and existing implementations to ensure scalability on shared and distributed memory systems
- Collaborate closely as part of a large, distributed team of developers, testers, and managers
- Participate in peer-based code and design reviews
- Communicate project status during regular meetings
- Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and BitBucket
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
- Master’s Degree or higher in a related field (computer science, applied mathematics, or engineering)
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience in a related field
- Expertise in C++ and object-oriented software development
- Experience with designing/implementing distributed parallel algorithms via message passing (e.g., MPI)
- Experience with shared memory (threads) and instruction level (SIMD) parallelism
- Proficiency at optimizing and benchmarking code for performance and memory
- A sound understanding of algorithmic complexity
- Experience working on large, distributed teams and navigating large, complex code bases
- Experience with software development tool-chains (Git, Eclipse, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and to present data concisely
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight
- Familiarity with computational simulation such as CFD and FEA
- Practical experience with vectorization, SIMD, and GPGPU programming
- Experience with graph partitioning and associated tools (e.g.,ParMETIS)
- Experience with parallel file systems (e.g., Lustre, Panasas)
What more do I need to know?
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author,
validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally rec-ognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat
organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Marc Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.