From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated Expert for European Railway Systems & Operations to join our Mobility tendering team based in our Sydney offices. Siemens Mobility tendering is looking for a candidate aligned to our company values: excellence, innovation and responsibility to lead bid teams for various Mobility opportunities in Australia and NZ.
The Expert for European Railway Systems & Operations reports to the relevant bid manager. You will be joining a supportive focused team of professionals who thrive on the challenges of tendering for rail signalling and rail automation projects. Particularly for tenders in which the customer is deliberately asking for a European technology approach. With your background in railway operations, preferably with a major European railway infrastructure manager, and your profound knowledge of contemporary traffic management systems, you will also engage closely with the customer in both a tender phase and in delivery. You will support the customer in unlocking the full potential of our products and solutions for signalling and traffic management.
• Manages the development and submission of customer proposals documents assigned to the role. (bids, EOI and Pre-qual or similar).
• Challenges the tendering team by representing the customer’s railway operation view within the team.
• Provides analyses of operational readiness of a customer to the tendering team and the customer, with regards to the introduction of step change systems in railway operations.
• Drafts change management approaches for the individual customer and makes sure that in an engineering driven environment, a holistic view and attitude is maintained. Especially when interacting with the customer.
• Delivers a narrative and a story line that translates the functionalities and the engineering driven aspects of our products to a comprehensive image our customer can relate to.
• Provides the knowledge on modern traffic management solutions to the bid team, with a focus on functionality and the way users in operations work with such systems.
• Is a key person and face to the customer in both tendering and delivery phases in traffic management projects.
• Provides planning and execution of support services to other teams in ensuring that specialist advice is provided.
• Provides expert advice and interpret the technical requirements for compliance with rules and regulations in operations and national and international best practices in the rail industry.
• Provides technical expertise for the implementation of operational specifications, policies and procedures.
• Around 10 years’ experience in a senior role in mainline rail operations, preferably at a major European Railway Infrastructure Manager.
• Around 10 years’ experience in the development of business intelligence layers of traffic management systems for mainline railways.
• Around 5 years’ experience in concept design and the realisation of Rail Operating Centres (ROC), including Human Factors aspects.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in stakeholder management.
• Must have experience in the delivery of a traffic management system in a European jurisdiction.
• Be a skilled and confident speaker, have strong facilitation and influencing skills, and able to lead a team without steering from others.
• Must be computer literate and have excellent skills in using Microsoft Office packages
• Be a confident contributor and self-reliant negotiator in the relevant customer working groups in a delivery phase.
• Must be ready to travel frequently to Europe and spend extended periods of time working at the European site which supplies the products to be used in Australia.
Additional desirable skills and qualifications are:
• In addition to English, German language highly desirable.
• The candidate has a proven track record of working on projects in different countries.
• The candidate has a recognised degree in logistics and communication.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments