From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated Project Engineering Manager to join our Mobility tendering team based in our Sydney offices. Siemens Mobility tendering is looking for a candidate aligned to our company values: excellence, innovation and responsibility to lead bid teams for various Mobility opportunities in Australia and NZ.
The Project Engineering manager reports to the relevant bid manager. You will be joining a supportive focused team of professionals who thrive on the challenges of tendering for Rail Signalling and Rail automation projects. Particularly for tenders in which the customer is deliberately asking for a European technology approach. With your background in traffic management systems, preferably in connection with ETCS level 2, and your profound knowledge of adjacent systems such as interlocking, radio block centre, and an insight in the European operational strategies, you will also engage closely with the customer in both a tender phase and in delivery.
• Manages the development and submission of customer proposals documents assigned to the role. (bids, EOI and Pre-qual or similar).
• Manage the development of the technical solution in respect to the requirements of the customer.
• Challenges the tendering team by representing the customer’s system architecture view within the team.
• Manages the interface to either internal as well as external subsystems and elaborates specifications.
• Provides the knowledge on modern traffic management solutions to the bid team, with a focus on abilities, functions, features and interfaces.
• Is a key person and face to the customer in both tendering and delivery phases of traffic management systems projects.
• Provides planning and execution of support services to other teams in ensuring that specialist advice is provided.
• Provides expert advice and interpret the technical requirements for compliance with national and international best practices in the rail industry.
• Provides technical expertise for the implementation of operational specifications, policies and procedures.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a role as engineering manager for traffic management systems, preferably in an international environment.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in concept design and the realisation of traffic management systems including delivery.
• Experience in through life support and stakeholder management.
• Must have experience in the delivery of a traffic management system in a European jurisdiction.
• Be a skilled and confident speaker, have strong facilitation and influencing skills, and able to lead a team without steering from others.
• Must be computer literate and have excellent skills in using Microsoft Office packages
• Be a confident contributor and self-reliant negotiator in the relevant customer working groups in a delivery phase.
• Must be ready to travel frequently to Europe and spend extended periods of time working at the European site which supplies the products to be used in Australia.
Additional desirable skills and qualifications are:
• In addition to English, German language highly desirable.
• The candidate has a proven track record of working on projects in different countries.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments
Job ID: 123219
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time