Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
1. Project planning, controlling and reporting:
- Project planning, including deadlines, costs, resources on the basis of the contract,
- Planning of partner interfaces (suppliers, purchased items, etc.),
- Regular monitoring of the project for non-conformances (costs, deadlines, quality) and appropriate countermeasures,
- Regular reporting: project internal (team meetings), project external (status to CoC management), customer status.
2. Technical leadership responsibility:
- Leadership of the project team,
- Motivating employees,
- Integrating and cultivating know-how of new employees,
- Assessing employee performance (where appropriate: achievement of targets).
3. Claim and Contract management:
- Analysis of contract in terms of risks, opportunities, claim potential and possible supplementary orders,
- Permanent monitoring of project for contractual non-conformances and implementing appropriate measures,
- Cultivation of additional potential business activities,
- Successfully asserting requests for more (funding, time) as well as defense against claims (customer, suppliers).
4. Risk and Claims Management:
- Promptly assessing and evaluating factors that significantly influence the project
- Identifying and analyzing risks, defining and implementing effective countermeasures, minimizing risks and thereby reducing costs/NBCCs and/or enhancing customer satisfaction,
- Recognizing and cultivating opportunities, implementing opportunities in the form of supplementary orders and project improvements,
- Regular monitoring of risks and opportunities.
5. Partner Management:
- Optimizing customer relationships,
- Selecting and actively involving Suppliers,
- Supporting the respective regional Siemens company.
6. Quality Management:
- Promptly identifying NCCs and implementing effective countermeasures,
- Channeling flow of experience to internal partners (e.g., Project Managers, Project Facilitators)
- Continuous implementation and where appropriate, adaptation of efficient sequences and processes based on specified methodology.
7. Strategic Responsibility:
- Internal: experience feedback to other projects,
- Internal: proposals for process improvement,
- External: identifying business developments and deriving apt notices, e.g., for Sales & Marketing.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
1. B.E. / B.Tech Mechanical / Industrial / Instrumentation/Electrical/Electronics with 8-10 years experience. 5+ years experience in managing mid-large scale projects with moderate to high complexity. Professional certification in Project Management preferred. Leadership experience as a Project Manager required.
2. Construction site experience desirable. Experience as a leader or subproject leader in industrial plant, Power, Oil & Gas or related industries.
3. Good analytical and problem solving skills. Experience in negotiation with key stakeholders.
4. Self determined and entrepreneurial skill will be added advantage.
5. Excellent communication and networking abilities.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 123299
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time