Senior Commercial Manager – Rolling Stock
Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its staff at the centre of everything it does? A company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top 100 hundred places to work in the UK. Siemens Rolling Stock are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Manager to join their expanding team. We are looking for a Senior Commercial Manager to look over a substantial service contract for Siemens Rolling stock.
You will Provide robust commercial and financial management and control of the project(s), driving profit and growth whilst achieving the required quality and satisfying the various stakeholders. Managing a team consisting of Commercial managers, project accountant and finance assistants.
The preferred locations for this position are Northampton, London or Glasgow but other locations may be considered.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Fully qualified with relevant accounting body (i.e. ACCA, CIMA, etc)
- Experience in managing a commercial team and driving results,
- Knowledge of the requirements of IFRS and of economics in project business
- Thorough financing and investment skill set inclusive of a thorough comprehension of financial models
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good numerical skills and the ability to interpret and apply accounting and other relevant guidelines
- Result and quality orientation with an eye for detail to ensure an excellent accuracy of work
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail - ability to express complex commercial issues simply and coherently is essential
- Experience in a Commercial Management role is essential
- Familiarity with working within a matrix structure and with central and specialist departments
What are my responsibilities?
- Ensures robust reporting, forecasting and budget processes are in place
- Deviations from budget are identified and analysed (Non-conformance cost management)
- Coordinates and organises all commercial and financial activities within the scope of the applicable project(s)
- Manages and contributes to ongoing optimisation of processes to ensure rationalisation potential and meeting of productivity targets
- Implementation of safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies
- Fully participate and engage in RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely
- Engage with HSQE team to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team
- Collaboration with internal/external customers to meet current needs
- Develop a high performance culture with strong employee engagement.
- Implement learning and development solutions to develop talent and enhance capability in the team
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 123393
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time