Join Siemens Smart Infrastructure based at our Frimley site as a Fire Design Engineer where you will take a leading role on the fire work streams under direction from the Solutions Design Manager.
Part of this opportunity will involve working alongside a design team to prepare fire bids and produce project designs that meet customer specifications that follow relevant codes of practice. You will also be required to produce professional and accurate designs that relate to documentation which meets Siemens Fire Safety and QA requirements. These designs will start with the concept at sales stages, through to all of the design delivery documentation required at handover.
Change the future with us.
- Develop system architecture schematics and a detailed design specifying the equipment and materials to be utilised within the solution and to meet the client’s operational requirements
- Responsible for the production and creation of Fire system designs that align with the relative British standards, codes of practice or specifications and are complaint to customer specifications, ensuring cost effective solutions are provided
- Build and maintain customer relationships, with customer’s designated design or services representatives
- Understands the customer’s business and business terminology
- Responsibility to ensure that all functions are completed according to company QA procedures
- Maintain central server filling system
- Ensure certification and up to date knowledge, classification and installation methods
- Attend training courses to improve skills and knowledge
- Design relay controls, special switching arrangements
- Plan, lead, forecast and report on all design projects in hand
What you need to make real what matters.
You will bring with you, experience in design and excellent technical/engineering understanding of fire related systems. Your commercial understanding of design requirements vs. costs requirements and your ability to undertake accurate measurements from drawings/designs will be critical to your role.
Typical responsibilities will also include but not be limited to:
- Familiarity with the current British and other relevant standards within the industry
- Proven ability to ensure drive, focus, planning and positive attitude for consistent achievement and delivery of high quality results
- Good organisational skills. Proactive, standout colleague - good communicator with peers, other staff and customers
- Ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical basis
- Experience of professionally documenting, illustrating and presenting detailed fire and security system design specifications with in-depth knowledge of codes of practices and standards.
- Electrical – Diploma level in Electrical related subject or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Auto CAD, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite is required
A little about Sir William Siemens Square in Frimley
With your base location being our HQ UK site, Frimley, you will have free access-only parking onsite. Other phenomenal facilities include a café which offers Starbucks coffee, a canteen that serves full breakfast and lunch every day and free access to an onsite gym. We also have Siemens branded hopper buses that transport commuters to and from the local train station, should public transport be your preference.
Please note that this role will involve a lot of travel and therefore having a full clean driving license is essential.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 123402
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time