From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an opportunity for a Solution Engineer to join our Mobility team based in North Ryde, NSW to support projects across Australia and NZ.
Key responsibilities of this role may include a cross section of the following, according to level of experience and skill:
- Design, installation & commissioning of rail electrification equipment including OHW, fixed conductor rail systems and traction substations
- Production of Bill of Materials
- Interaction with HQ for materials / design inputs / modelling and all other requirements
- Rail Electrification construction planning / supervision / management
- Rail Electrification commissioning planning / supervision / management
- Interface with clients on all aspects of project delivery
- Interface with cross functional teams
- Completion of / assistance with tenders for projects throughout Australia & NZ
- Development of future product / project lines and assistance with Type Approval activities
As a minimum requirement, applicants must have the following:
- Electrical Engineering degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Power System Protection
- Good Knowledge and experience in IEC61850
- Experience in working with HV AC Protection System in the Rail Industry in Australia
- Good Knowledge and experience of SCADA systems
- Experience in Design, Testing & Troubleshooting
- Good product knowledge in the space of IEC61850 Protective Relaying
- Ability to travel locally and internationally for project works
If you meet the requirements above and are looking for a new challenge with a global technology leader, then we would like to hear from you, please apply now!
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 123438
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time