Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Planning & monitoring of R&D activities, project schedule & workload.
- Responsible for development and optimization of auxiliaries systems for industrial steam turbines.
- Responsible for related guidelines, calculation tools, specifications etc.
- Coordinating with the global R&D and all global operation / sales and proposal / Project Management / Supply chain management / Quality w.r.t. new product development / ProMt / provide any other technical support on critical technical issues.
- Ensuring correctness of documentation in line with guidelines and customer (internal and external) specifications, interfacing with customers / consultants for technical discussions & approvals, reporting progress (including risks and opportunities), timely release of specifications for all R&D projects.
- Develop new R&D concepts and schemes based on new ‘design to cost’ ideas, study and compare competitor’s design, prepare R&D drawings & documents.
- Take all necessary actions as per the PDP in order to meet R&D project schedules / milestones.
- Driving Cost optimization for R&D programs, ProMt for BOP.
- Supporting engineering and site team on resolution of site issues.
- Mentoring of teammates and support to colleagues in order to achieve desired outcomes.
- Responsible for global rollout of new R&D specifications and sub-supplier qualification.
- Facilitating in development of competency .
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Education Qualification: M.E. / B.E preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- Min 10 years of experience in Steam Turbine and overall power plant for auxiliaries system activities (understanding of Siemens auxiliaries will be an added advantage).
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 123475
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time