Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
The Stress/Structural Engineer provides expertise and technical support to development engineering, manufacturing, sales, product engineering, field service, and service centers. The qualified individual will have general responsibility of evaluating product design in area of centrifugal compressor components, compressor/turbine packages to perform variety of FEA analysis and participate in quality improvement and cost reduction efforts. This position is based out of DR India Engineering Support Center, in Analytical Engineering Team supporting Global Technology & Innovation.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Willing to perform a wide variety of tasks associated with turbo machinery design and analysis to determine feasibility based on mechanical structures, dynamics and thermal behavior
- Expertise in generating and handling large finite element models
- Experience/Exposure in handling compressor/turbine packages e.g base-frame, skids, lifting tools etc
- Very good knowledge of API, ASME, DIN EN codes associated with Centrifugal Compressor
- Perform hand calculations and correlate/compare analytical results
- Self-motivated, well organized and able to prioritize work
- Must be technically detail oriented with skills in advanced analysis; solving complex problems, decision making, managing multiple projects, and meeting stringent customer deadlines.
- Must have solid interpersonal skills, be a team player, and be committed to training, and guiding employees within the organization
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be willing to learn and be cross-trained to support various product lines (turbines/compressors, design/analysis/programming)
- Establish efficient and organized project documentation per departmental guideline
- Ability to clearly and precisely communicate, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization and with clients
- Performs other related duties as assigned
We dont need Superheroes, just super minds
- A B.S/M.S Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant O&G/Turbo-Machinery industry experience
- Good competency in CC design rules, philosophy, review/gate methods
- Good handle in solid/shell meshing and APDL macro’s usage
- Knowledge of structural (2D, 3D and non-linear), dynamic, fatigue and thermal analysis is must
- Knowledge in NX Simulation, Nastran tool is added advantage
- Expertise in usage of ANSYS Mechanical and Workbench is must
- NX (working knowledge on geometry cleaning and de-featuring)
- Field Failure investigation & RCA support
- Automation & Standardization (VB+ programming knowledge is added advantage)
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 123486
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time