Do you enjoy working in coordination and logistics? Siemens Mobility Limited in York are recruiting for a Testing and Commissioning Coordinator to assist with Signal Works Testing activities for the Central East Region as assigned by the Lead Test Manager.
What will be my responsibilities in role
- Assist in the verification and validation testing of the Signaling System as directed by the Signaling Tester
- Support the Lead Test Manager
- Carry out duties according to the Health and Safety at Work legislation, company procedures and standards
- Production of commissioning Task briefing sheets
- Assist in the production of Test & Commissioning plans & Test Certificates
- Liaise with team organisers, Project Managers & TIC to resource and plan all relevant commissioning logistics and Administration
- Manage travel facilities, vehicles and hotel accommodation relating to commissioning activity and Signal Works Testing activities
- On site support for commissioning activities – May include unsociable hours from time to time
- Liaise with National resourcing coordinator for staff required for commissioning
- Assist with the Procurement of the correct resources for project specific signaling testing demands
- Manage the Tools / Equipment Procurement and recording (Asset Numbering)
- Manage the Calibration of Tools and Equipment to company specs
- Develop tool kits for Mod 5’s, Mod3B/4’s to include all necessary kit to work at night if required (Torches etc)
- Maintain the Commissioning Diary on behalf of the Lead Testing Manager York
- Procure Safety Work wear for all staff engaged in Testing Activities
- Maintain a register of staff authorized for Testing Activities
- Maintain the Certificate of Competence Folders and the documentation therein
- Keep Central records updated with revised Certificates of Competency, CV’s IRSE details
- Filing / Archiving of Testing Documentation / Certification
- Assist with the manufacture of Test Straps
- Assist with the Test Log management process as directed
- Monitoring of Hours worked of primary testers to Network Rail guidelines (Hidden and Fatigue management)
- Maintaining diary of project placement for primary testers
- Any other duties specified as reasonable from time to time by the T&C Manager
- Obtain Personal Track Safety and Signal Works Testing Mod 5 Qualification, to assist where necessary during weekend/commissioning works
- Obtain IRSE license for Signal Works Testing Mod 5
What do I need to qualify for this job
- Excellent organizational skills (essential)
- Good communication skills (essential)
- Good interpersonal skills (essential)
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Ability to be flexible
- Railway signaling experience
We are Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking and forward-thinking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Join us and be a Future Maker
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens, our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor a benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and build what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 123502
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time