Siemens drives building performance and energy efficiency through the entire building life cycle, this is where the Solutions Energy Engineer skills become critical to our success and why we need you to join our Building Performance and Sustainability team within Smart-Infrastructure.
Change the future with us.
Key to this role will be to develop, design and deliver the most appropriate solutions to reduce energy, operational and maintenance cost based on the financial constraints and requirements of the customer.
You will get involved with building audits, technical solution design, cost calculations, savings calculations, development of specs for subcontractors, developments of baseline, measurement and verification concepts etc. Main base location will be our Frimley HQ and will require travel throughout the UK.
Conducts building site visits, analyse current situation and produces facility improvement measures plans.
- Engage with the people, understand the challenges, energy usage and patterns, how the plant operates and is controlled, how it provides & uses energy within the building, compare the design to what is being used and upon delivering a detailed facility audit, to identify improvements (FIMS) and/or opportunities.
- Coordinate and lead facility site visits and communicates with outside vendors as it pertains to FIMS described above.
- Assists sales in identification and qualification of potential performance contracting projects.
- Leads in the development of preliminary and final performance contract proposals. Analyzes blue prints and performs site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and control systems and determine facility operational characteristics.
- Full ownership of design and solution from idea to contract including building audits, cost calculations, design and specifications, sub-contractor procurement and measurement and verification.
- Close interaction and cooperation with the Siemens European Energy Centre of Competence.
- Ensure service development process including internal partner management and handover from to service or project fulfillment.
- Active monitoring for new trends and solutions in the market to improve the offerings.
What you need to make real what matters.
Excellent interpersonal skills, good work ethic, being team and customer orientated and taking a flexible approach to working will be key to this opportunity, as is:
- Experience with plant and control optimisation
- Knowledge of EN15232 and EU BAC standards are requirements
- Certified Energy Manager / CMVP qualification is an advantage
- Having experience with a Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Understanding of the technical infrastructure of buildings, and technologies and how to redesign existing systems to become more efficient
- Ability to calculate the effect of system adjustments or exchange of equipment in combination with field experience, i.e. practical use of ventilation, heating, cooling, lighting, heat recovery etc.
- Excellent language skills in verbal and written English
- Civil engineering with electrical or electronics engineering background with experience in energy efficiency project and services
- Experience of Distributed Energy Systems would be an advantage
- Proven record of engagement in Energy Performance Contracts is a strong requirement
What else do I need to know?
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you!
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 123505
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time