The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line.
The Siemens Mobility team in Doha, Qatar requires an Intern who will be responsible for providing support to the technical team.
What are my responsibilities ?
- Raise and conduct Material Inspection requests for small tools and equipment with the client
- Documentation support: Submittal of pre-qualification documents, Method Statements and Testing reports
- Develop as-builts
- Liaise with suppliers as required and close open snags
- Liaise with third party to ensure calibration of all required tools
- Receive all deliveries for DWE, perform site inspection and maintain logistics files
- Update documentation logs on daily basis
- Support with all necessary pre-commissioning preparation activities
- Follow up with team members on submission status and coordinate accordingly
- Follow up on open point and interface management logs
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- You are currently enrolled in a mechanical or electrical engineering course in a reputable university in Qatar
- It is required to be a registered student during the internship (or) should be a fresh graduate, so the intern will be able to work full-time for 3 to 6 months
- Should be on a student visa in Qatar or on a parent/spouse sponsored visa that is valid for the duration of the internship
- Good spoken and written English
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Pro-activeness, organized and a fast learner
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 123553
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time