A Senior Software Engineer is required to join the R&D Department to deliver ground-breaking signalling system software-based products.
The Senior Software Engineer will be expected to undertake requirements analysis, architecting and design of the work in a core team of embedded/real-time software engineers in a dynamic development environment providing high value early lifecycle development capability for both safety-critical and safety-related software developments. The team will use a mix of traditional and agile techniques to manage risk and ensure on-time delivery of quality software.
The Senior Software Engineer provides a technical role responsible for requirements analysis, software architecture, design, code, and test, and problem analysis on high-value safety-critical and safety-related projects.
What will be my responsibilities in role?
- Requirements analysis and specification of high level software design
- Software architecture
- Development and implementation of software design
- Code and test of embedded systems
- Requirements Analysis
- Design using structured techniques
- Development of test specifications
- Support of integration and system testing
- Visits to site to assist in testing and commissioning
- Report on progress as required
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Graduate in relevant engineering discipline or other numerate subject, although equivalent experience would also be considered (essential)
- Proficient in UML, C++, C# (essential)
- Previous engineering experience (essential)
- Knowledge, particularly experience of developing Safety Critical Software to at least SIL2 level (essential)
- Experience in development of embedded software (essential)
- Self-motivated, adaptable and able to learn quickly (essential)
- Ability to lead small numbers of engineers as required (essential)
- Demonstrable knowledge of good development standards and practices as applicable to engineering disciplines, with at least 5 years’ experience of delivering systems in a controlled software environment (essential)
- Good knowledge of configuration management and control practices (essential)
- Able to work to tight timescales (essential)
- Good verbal and written communication skills (essential)
- Good inter-personal skills (essential)
- Willingness to occasionally travel overseas (essential)
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with Agile software development techniques (ideally Scrum).
- Proficient in using UML for software design
- Experience with DOORS
- Experience with Artisan
- Experience integrating DOORS and Artisan
- Railway Industry background. Knowledge of CENELEC 50128.
- Systems Engineering experience
- Knowledge of PVCS
- Knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of Synergy
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.