If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.8 billion and had around 34,200 employees worldwide.
What are my job responsibilities?
The particular nature of project business – the uniqueness of projects and the fact that they are rarely duplicated – calls for an early and continuous integration of the Procurement Function in customer projects.
In accordance with the PM@Siemens framework this Procurement Function is represented by Project Procurement Management (resp. the Project Procurement Manager “PPM”), being an integral part of customer projects all along their life cycles, from lead management right up to the end of warranty period, and serving as prime interface between business partners and the global procurement organization.
Whenever the Business Model and/or the complexity of the underlying project requires to have more than just one PPM involved (i.e. one PPM per involved Regional Unit) a Lead PPM is nominated. The Lead PPM owns the overall responsibility of all project related procurement tasks and activities for a specific customer project, i.e.:
- Acts as “Sub-Project Manager Procurement” and represents the Procurement Function vs. all relevant stakeholders and appropriate Management levels (in close alignment with the involved procurement experts and their Line Managers) for the assigned customer projects
- Acts as prime interface (“channel function”) to/for the customer projects’ key business partners (i.e. including overall stakeholder management, “day to day” operations as well as escalations), i.e.:
- Bid/Project Management (technical and commercial)
- Sales (technical and commercial)
- Legal & Contract Management
- System Engineering
- Constantly (throughout all project phases from PM010/020 until PM700) and closely aligns with the business partners to follow the typical project dynamics and thoroughly manage any change that may potentially impact the procurement domain.
- Identifies, informs, allocates, integrates and manages a network of procurement experts and drives for utilization of their respective strategies, standards, rules, i.e.:
- Local/regional Procurement organizations (i.e. local/regional PPM)
- Global Category Management (“GCM”) - material field strategies and standards
- Supplier Quality Management (“SQM”) - supplier development/management methodologies, supplier audits
- Strategic Logistics (“LOG”) - logistic concepts
- DIV Procurement Functions
- Analyzes, assesses and structures the project from a procurement perspective and obtains, feeds into the procurement expert network and clarifies all information being required to fulfill the procurement task, i.e.:
- “Big picture”, i.e. project category/complexity/size, greenfield/brownfield/extension, refurbishment/…., customer, business model, schedule and roadmap, sales strategy, relevance of procurement in the overall context, etc.
- 3rd party scope/purchasing items (including i.e. make or buy, SIEMENS First, bundling of/split into sub-items, shift from/to consortium partners and/or customers). Note: Responsibility of technical specifications lies with the respective business partners’ Organizations.
- Project or country specific requirements, i.e. terms and conditions, local content/localization requirements, onshore/offshore concept, supply chain/logistics specifics, norms/rules/regulations, preferred/pre-selected suppliers or solutions, etc.
- Prepares and manages the project procurement schedule
- Definition and management of (procurement) tasks and related durations and milestones (i.e. supplier identification, RFQ preparation, RFQ process, clarifications, contract preparation, negotiation, supplier qualification, suppliers audit, sourcing decision, etc.)
- Mapping with overall project schedule(s)
- Identification of critical paths and dependencies
- Alignment with all stakeholders
- Permanent follow up/driving forward
- Prepares for/participates in/contributes to business partner project meetings
- Enables the Procurement Management to participate in Management SteerCos or reviews by organizing proper and in-time briefings
- Organizes and runs procurement meetings
- Owns, monitors, drives utilization of the consolidated Procurement Plan and Procurement Statement and manages Procurement Plan and Stmt. approval process (Procurement Management briefings, signatures, etc.)
- Owns project related Purchasing Volume (PVO)
- Overview of PVO and budget cost (OIC/”MIKA”) per purchasing item, alignment with business partners and tracing of OIC/”MIKA”
- Monitoring of variances, incl. clarifications and measures if required
- Manages procurement related risks
- Ensures full application of Siemens guidelines, procedures, rules and standards, ensures adherence to relevant approval processes
- Manages, follows and reports the procurement status and progress
- Coaches the local/regional PPM community (i.e. best practice, lessons learnt, processes, methodologies)
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree preferably with Engineering/Management background
- At least 6-7 years of experience as Procurement Manager preferably in large EPC/multinational organizations with a focus on commodity and project procurement strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: 123662
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time