Location: Nürnberg or Prague
Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Department: Solid Mechanics Software Development
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has around 75,000 employees interna-tionally.
Join our team as a "Software Developer in Solid Mechanics (m/f/d) – SISW" in our offices in Nuremberg or Prague.
The STAR-CCM+ team is seeking a motivated developer to contribute to the development of the STAR-CCM+ finite element solid stress solver. Finite element development is a relatively new exten-sion of STAR-CCM+ multi-physics solver family. The traditionally finite volume centric code is being extended to allow optimal discretization for solid mechanics, computational electromagnetics and complex polymeric fluids. This means new challenges, frequent enhancement and re-architecture of established solver components towards efficient finite element support. The primary goal of the development is to expand the modeling capabilities and support natively such challenging application as fluid
structure interactions and coupling to the rest of STAR-CCM+ physics models.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and development of component for solid stress finite element solver including
- Contact modeling
- Fluid-solid coupling
- Shell modeling
- Efficient linear solvers and preconditioners
- Design and code software in STAR-CCM+, create tests, write documentation, and help with application problems
- Contribute in design meetings, produce planning and design documents, conduct code reviews
- Coordinate code development with other STAR-CCM+ teams, e.g. meshing and post-processing
- Work with quality assurance and documentation teams
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
A suitable candidate is expected to have:
- Masters, PhD or equivalent degree in mechanical engineering, applied math or computer
- Excellent communication skills
- Good working knowledge of finite element solid stress numerical methods (2 years working in finite element domain – master or PhD thesis including)
- Solid C++ development skills (2 years practical C++ development experience)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience participating in large-scale software development project (2 years)
- Practical experience developing industrial C++ code (2 years)
- Good knowledge of algorithms and techniques used in finite element simulations
- Experience with modern CPU optimization, vectorization, shared and distributed memory parallelization and GPU programming
What more do I need to know?
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author,
validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat
organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Yvonne Vohl, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für
Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Job ID: 123744
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time