Product Development Engineer
Model Based System Testing
Siemens Industry Software N.V. (SISW, formerly known as LMS) is an engineering innovation company, with proven track record in the area of experimental, numerical and hybrid (mixed experimental-numerical) system modelling for noise, vibration, durability and dynamics, performing substantial in-house research on advanced methods and applications. SISW is part of the Siemens PLM Software, a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with seven million licensed seats and more than 71,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software collaborates with companies to deliver open solutions, helping them make smarter decisions that result in better products. For more information on Siemens PLM Software products and services, visit www.siemens.com/plm.
Within the Test division, we are searching for a software Developer to join our development team in Leuven, Belgium.
The Product Development Engineer will work on the productization of the Model Based System Testing (= MBST) solutions. For these MBST solutions, he/she will contribute to the technical support of the SISW organization, Product Quality Control and Testing, dissemination activities (internal and external conferences, product demonstrators, conference papers, etc), pilot-project execution, product documentation, etc. He/She is expected to become a technical expert in MBST solutions involving Simcenter Testlab, Simcenter Amesim and Simcenter 3D.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Technical support to the internal SISW organization for all
MBST products in close cooperation with the Product Management team
- Provide technical support to all SISW regions worldwide
- Become an expert acting as a reference point for MBST products at SISW
- Execute Quality Control and Testing on all MBST products in
close cooperation with the Product Management team
- Organise, implement and execute the quality control and testing of all MBST related software
- Verify and validate that all MBST products fulfil the corresponding requirements.
- Participation in dissemination activities
- Internal and external dissemination events such as conferences and fairs.
- Give customer demos for the MBST demonstrators
- Creation and publication of conference papers, technical articles, blog posts, etc
- Participation in the development, implementation and delivery of customer pilot use-cases, in close cooperation with the Product Management and Business development team.
- Delivery of product supporting material (requirements, specifications, product documentation, build reports, test reports..,) in close cooperation with the Product Management team
- University degree M.Sc. in Mechanical engineering, Mechatronic engineering, or any other relevant engineering field. Higher level of education is an asset.
- Experience with Test solutions (Simcenter Testlab, data acquisition systems, real-time controller, real-time platforms, etc)
- Experience with simulation software (Simcenter Amesim, multibody simulation software, multi-physical simulation software, finite element simulation software, etc.)
- Experience with programming languages such as C, C++ and Python
- Knowledge or Experience in requirement management, software quality control and testing, DevOps is an asset
- Experience in Controls Engineering is an asset
- Languages: Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing), other languages such as Dutch, French, German are an asset
- able to work in a team as well as independently, accurate, methodical, result-oriented and fast-learner.
Job ID: 123811
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time