Advanced CFD Engineer -Application Engineer - Industry Solutions
Siemens is seeking to recruit a highly qualified and motivated CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) engineer to join its Development Support team. The engineer will work in Development Support’s Industry Solutions team, to verify CFD software predictions meet the highest quality standards. While ensuring we help deliver highly technical software support services to a global client base.
Development Support provide high level support that helps ensure the transfer of technical knowledge and expertise between Product Development and the rest of the company.
As this role will be working with industrial clients to provide innovative solutions, the successful candidate must have experience:
- Executing industrial CFD simulations and be comfortable working with any engineering application despite its complexities.
- Contributing their advanced understanding and application of CFD along with numerically simulate physical phenomena.
- Using CFD at expert level, working with large/complex geometries/meshes.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude and must be able to manage multiple CFD projects effectively and simultaneously.
The role does require advanced understanding of Internal Combustion Engine modelling for the automotive industry. Also demonstrate a keen interest in modelling complex Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical and Electronic systems for a range of other industries that include Marine, Aerospace, Chemical Processing, Ground Transportation and e-Mobility.
You will use CFD to simulate Internal Combustion Engines to help support our latest software offering (STAR-ICE) for the automotive industry. Likewise, Electronics Cooling (ECL) for electrical and electronic systems and, sometime in the future, batteries and motors for e-mobility.
You will also participate in verification project requests from other departments that may range from multiphase flow industrial applications, such as fluidized beds in chemical processing, nuclear and fluid catalytic cracking riser reactors, to turbomachinery for aerospace.
- A postgraduate degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other closely related field.
- Prior industrial/research experience working/supporting or testing CFD software.
- Basic programming and/or shell scripting skills.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and to prioritise multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities along with good organisational skills.
Additionally, exposure or experience in the following areas would be considered advantageous:
- Prior experience with CFD software. In particular, STAR-CCM+
- Java and/or C++ programming skills
- Strong background in the application, development and/or testing of CAE software
Applicants must already be legally authorized for employment in the UK.
Job ID: 123915
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time