Siemens India is a leader in technology solutions for intelligent (smart) sustainable cities, smart grid, building technologies, mobility and power distribution. Digital Grids business unit is leading the global energy transformation with its automation & software portfolio to set up intelligent energy infrastructure.
Digital Grids globally is head quartered in Nuremberg, Germany with global presence across 190 countries and factories in Berlin and Goa. The India headquarters is in Gurgaon.
We are looking for someone who can bring in an outside in strategic perspective to the Digital Grids business. This role which will require a deep understanding of our business, market trends, customers' needs and a passion to drive growth and performance.
We need to take advantage of all the amazing opportunities in front of us and deliver the highest-quality products, systems and software to existing and new customer segments. We are looking for a driven and ambitious leader who can play a pivotal role in the next phase of our journey.
The role is a high impact career accelerator for strategy professionals looking to transition into general management. This role will be for 2-3 years post which the leader is expected to take charge of one of the business functions with direct business responsibility.
Tasks including but not limited to -
1) Running Vision 2020+ program for DG BU: Analyze the impact of key megatrends and how we can capitalize on the same; drill down into actionable measures and estimate potential; monitoring
2) Market Intelligence & Country / Vertical Strategy for DG BU
3) Coordinate and drive strategic programs / initiatives driven from Germany HQ / Siemens Central team
4) Drive M&A activities for the business unit in India
5) Provide thought leadership in the form of strategic inputs, advisory recommendations to BU management
Skills & Experience
1) 5+ years of experience in management consulting or strategy or business leadership role in a reputed MNC
2) History of achieving excellence in previous roles
3) Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple projects with a broad range of stakeholders
4) Proven ability to think strategically about complex topics and develop thoughtful recommendations and action plans
5) Excellent presentation skills - able to articulate business strategic themes concisely and clearly
6) Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering from a reputed institute
7) MBA from a premium institute