Technical Manager Rolling Stock (H/F)
You are part of Siemens fully automated turnkey VAL&Neoval business. Within the Vehicle Department, your area of responsibility covers all technical aspects of the Val/Neoval platforms on all components or subsystems. You are member of the Technical Management team and reports to its team leader and to the Vehicle Project Manager. You are responsible to address all technical issues reported by projects and to propose the relevant action plans to fix them and in your position you continuously look for cost platform competitiveness improvements. You are entitled to propose platform evolutions or modifications, submitted to management approval.
• Reach the platform and project targets in terms of technology, scope of functionality, timescales, quality and costs
• Fulfill all requirements with regards to product development and/or project handling
Area of Responsibility:
• Technical Responsible for Vehicle part (Projects and Platform)
• Implement technical requirements so as to provide a feasible, functional, cost-optimized and reliable vehicle overall.
• Rely on Engineering Teams and on Technical Managers (Platform, Mechanical, Electrical, Carbody and System)
• Monitor progress in relation to the project targets
• Represent the Technical Entity to the Vehicle Project Manager
• Clarify technical queries
• Agree technology interfaces with technical teams and Engineering teams
• Ensure the interface and the relationship between Engineering (Toulouse) and the Manufacturing site (Vienna-Austria)
The Technical Manager is responsible for:
• handling the Technical Management of a dedicated project in line with the defined requirements and in strict compliance with the platform
• making sure that time-dependent decisions are made in respect of unresolved issues and escalating these if necessary
• Acting as an interface with PM@Siemens, i.e. technical risks and opportunities, technical/engineering milestones
Position localized in Toulouse (31-France), Frequent Business trips (France-Worldwide).
• Degree in Engineering, with Mechanic or Electric major
• 3 years minimum experience in Transport Activities, Railways preferably.
• Attracted by challenges
• Good relational skills
• Proactive personality
• Good adaptability
• English is a must. Another language (especially German) is an added value
• Team minded and helpful